[SOLVED] NVMe SSD won't boot with my other two drives plugged in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2020
hello,

I have recently installed a kingston NVME M.2 A2000 οn my pc, cloned everything from an older ssd and everything was fine.

Today i wanted to disable my rgb lights from the motherboard and i enabled ERP. After that when i restarted my computer i got an error that i couldn't boot in to Windows. When i went into BIOS i saw that in the boot priority my nvme was missing and the only options i had were my PNY 240gb ssd and my 1tb hdd. When i unplugged those two drives my computer booted fine with the Kingston nvme, but when i plug those other two drives back in and restart i get the same error and i cannot find the Kingston nvme as a boot option, although motherboard does recognise it.

How can i fix this issue?

The motherboard is an aorus elite B450.
The NVMe SSD is a Kingston A2000 500gb
Sata ssd is a Pny 240 gb
and the hdd is a WD green.

Solution
Im not sure this is the issue, since it usually works the other way around, but sometime when using an NVMe drive, depending on the motherboard, some of the SATA ports are disabled. If this is happening, you need to plug the SATA cables into different ports on the motherboard. Yes, an NVME can sometime disable 2 sata ports, as well. Usually when this happens though, the SATA drives will stop working, and only the NVMe will work, but its worth a shot to try moving the cables to a different sata port before anything else, because it is so simple to do.
Dec 11, 2020
I'm having this exact issue. I was booting windows off my m.2 perfectly fine, but I took my PC out of my room to clean it and now it won't boot with the other drives connected.

Im not sure this is the issue, since it usually works the other way around, but sometime when using an NVMe drive, depending on the motherboard, some of the SATA ports are disabled. If this is happening, you need to plug the SATA cables into different ports on the motherboard. Yes, an NVME can sometime disable 2 sata ports, as well. Usually when this happens though, the SATA drives will stop working, and only the NVMe will work, but its worth a shot to try moving the cables to a different sata port before anything else, because it is so simple to do.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.