Question Nvme stops working after only a week? PC boots slower too

Nov 11, 2022
Hello! My PC has 2 Nvmes on it, but it's the second one that's the issue here. While its had 2 since I bought it in Dec 2020, only about 2 weeks ago did I actually initialize it. I probably should've done it sooner, but I just never needed it. I had all my files and OS on the first one.

Anyway, after coming back one day and booting up the device, it has an extraordinarily long boot, about a minute or so, as opposed to the 10ish seconds it normally takes. The yellow BOOT light remains on the whole time, but it boots and everything else is fine in the end. However, when I tried to open something I had saved on the drive, it just wasn't there. Everything on it had been uninstalled, and after some investigation, it's like the second drive hasn't existed. It doesn't show up on files, disk management, or BIOS. I've reached out to some other people but I'm super confused. I haven't updated any drivers, and if it's of any relevance, I use the ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING WIFI II motherboard.

Does anyone have an answer? Has it been corrupted? Or just stopped working? Or is something else going on?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you state the make and models of both NVMe SSD's on your build? Could you also state the slots in which they are occupying and slot in which the SSD is not showing up? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? What OS are you working with?

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022
Both SSDs are Crucial P5s. The first one is a 1TB model, the second (not working) is a 500 GB model. The functioning Nvme is in the top slot, right below the CPU. The unresponsive Nvme is in the slot right near the bottom of the mobo. The motherboard version is 1216 x64 (hope I used the right info) and the OS is Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I also checked device manager, and for one of the 2 drives, the device status reported:

"This device cannot start. Code 10

An I/O adaptor hardware error has occurred."