[SOLVED] Nvme to pci e suuport

May 26, 2022
I need more storage for Playing games,editing and since nvme ssd are the best out there.

I have 2 pci e slots,1 with x16 a GPU is occupied

Pcie 3.0x4(Gen 3)
x4 is empty

Can I use the x4 for storage pcie to nvme adapter then a nvme ssd into it.Use it as a bootable drive.

I don't know that the cpu can handle it,the cpu lanes and also GPU may get effected.

Since I can't move optane and there is only 1 m.2 slot occupied with it.optane doesn't work with pcie.

My bios have uefi support as well,but some say that those expansion cards are not reliable.

Can someone gimme a solution I don't use sata ssd,they are priced same with nvme.

Here are my pc specs.

Gigabyte z270m-d3H
Intel i5 7400
Nvidia GTX 1060 3gb
2x 1tb hdd, 128gb adata data ssd paired with Intel optane 16gb module
Windows 10 booted adata ssd above
350w psu cooler master
16gb ram.

Solution
Haha 🤣🤣🤣, I knew that option rather I want to use my optane as well with sata ssd
So I am planning to use a pcie to nvme adapter. Rather why would I make a post if i can do that please read the question and answer
You can use the optane with a bigger ssd.
Just trying to keep it simple.
The nvme adapter may work or not.....try it.
Don't let those benchmark numbers sata ssd vs nvme ssd dance in your eyeballs you will go blind.
I need more storage for Playing games,editing and since nvme ssd are the best out there.

I have 2 pci e slots,1 with x16 a GPU is occupied

Pcie 3.0x4(Gen 3)
x4 is empty

Can I use the x4 for storage pcie to nvme adapter then a nvme ssd into it.Use it as a bootable drive.

I don't know that the cpu can handle it,the cpu lanes and also GPU may get effected.

Since I can't move optane and there is only 1 m.2 slot occupied with it.optane doesn't work with pcie.

My bios have uefi support as well,but some say that those expansion cards are not reliable.

Can someone gimme a solution I don't use sata ssd,they are priced same with nvme.

Here are my pc specs.

Gigabyte z270m-d3H
Intel i5 7400
Nvidia GTX 1060 3gb
2x 1tb hdd, 128gb adata data ssd paired with Intel optane 16gb module
Windows 10 booted adata ssd above
350w psu cooler master
16gb ram.
Disable the optane.
Run your stuff.
Do you see a diff?

Haha 🤣🤣🤣, I knew that option rather I want to use my optane as well with sata ssd
So I am planning to use a pcie to nvme adapter. Rather why would I make a post if i can do that please read the question and answer
You can use the optane with a bigger ssd.
Just trying to keep it simple.
The nvme adapter may work or not.....try it.
Don't let those benchmark numbers sata ssd vs nvme ssd dance in your eyeballs you will go blind.

Reactions: Corwin65
Solution