NVMe user bench really poor

cdbradwell

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017
Hi! I have just finished a new build and just ran a user bench test, which comes out great, except all of my external drives are performing slow but the really strange thing is that the NVMe 960 Evo which has the OS on it is super-super-crappy-slow (11th percentile!!) - please scroll down to the drives section to see a 'performing below expectations' result. http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/5064673 I have not changed bios settings or anything like that, only updated to latest MB bios and intel drivers.
Whats going on? I thought this would be snappy out of the box is there some setting I should check?

Solution
Well in no world is 1,300mb's per second sequential read "super-super-crappy-slow". Run it agin I bet it's different. I dont put a whole lot of stock in user benchmark. Try crystal disc mark and post the results, I will compare it to my 960 evo and other's that were professionally reviewed. It is a very inconsistent drive as well, user benchmark even mentions it "The range of scores (95th - 5th percentile) for the Samsung 960 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 250GB is 117%. This is a particularly wide range which indicates that the Samsung 960 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 250GB performs inconsistently under varying real world conditions."

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Well in no world is 1,300mb's per second sequential read "super-super-crappy-slow". Run it agin I bet it's different. I dont put a whole lot of stock in user benchmark. Try crystal disc mark and post the results, I will compare it to my 960 evo and other's that were professionally reviewed. It is a very inconsistent drive as well, user benchmark even mentions it "The range of scores (95th - 5th percentile) for the Samsung 960 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 250GB is 117%. This is a particularly wide range which indicates that the Samsung 960 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 250GB performs inconsistently under varying real world conditions."

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
This is why I despise "userbenchmark":
DsIPO2r.png

What does this even mean?
"way below" and "Outstanding"

Worse than useless...