NZXT’s S340 Elite Refined For Virtual Reality PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Hmm, if a customer was to install a SSD in that side mount on the PSU shroud with the cables running optimally, wouldn't the logo of the SSD be upsidedown?

I like their dual 140 and full dust filter approach in the front, the cable snaps are a nice thought but I would have preferred the straps like in the Phanteks cases. 4 USB ports and a passthrough HDMI? looks awesome!!

CrescentFreshed

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
@thundervore no. there's a pathway from the SSD to go toward the front of the case or a pathway toward the back of the case for the cables. If you choose to go the back way, the SSD would have to be upside down. This is a pretty cool video where BitWit builds a PC using the case. Pretty cool! https://youtu.be/XBHRDuUHe4s

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

After watching the video it shows a new problem. The cables of the side mounted SSD runs through the 3.5 HDD cage so customers cannot populate both 3.5 drive cages and the side SSD.

Seems the upside down logo will only affect certain drives like Kingston UV400

CrescentFreshed

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016

Yeah, as much as i think this case is really cool and possibly one of the best looking, I thought that SSD cable routing through the drive bay was really dumb. How could they not just add an additional 1/2 inch to supplement the space? They know how finicky the market is about cable management.

Decends

Respectable
Jul 3, 2016
I do not see how the SSD cables can't fit between the two hard drives. All you have to do put in hard drive one, lay the cables flat as they pass over the bottom drive (just dont use one of those power cables with that black fabric material, use the flat cable instead) and a flat sata cable, then put in the top hard drive above the laying flat cables.

CrescentFreshed

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016

I think the problem is that it wasn't thought out too well in terms of design. It's definitely possible, just seems sorta half assed in the design. I'm still buying it. I also don't care to show off my SSD so it never really bothered me to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.