NZXT 440 and 2x 120mm help!

bigbearballew

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
so this may sound like an odd set up but due to budget it is what it is. I have 2 crossfired r9 280x with g10 brackets and h55 coolers on em. They work well but im considering getting a 440 case. The only possible way to mount the radiators is in the front. Do you think i will have enough room to mount them there together. Even of i have to fanagle them. I have my heart set on the case but i dont want to take the plunge unless it supports my hardware

Solution
It was late, I don't know why I was thinking you meant 2x120mm per card. Yes, those radiators can be both be mounted in front. In fact, you could probably put three of them there if you wanted. The front supports up to a 360mm radiator with three 120mm fans.
It won't support it. Only three 120mm fans can be installed there, so the longest radiator it supports is 360mm. Two 240mm radiators would be 480mm.

You should however be able to install a 240mm radiator in front and a 240mm radiator at the top of the case to achieve your desired result, unless you're also using liquid to cool the cpu and have a radiator there, or planned to be there, already.

It might also be possible to "stack" radiators in front, and use fans on both sides in a push pull, but some modification and removal of drive cages would be necessary if it's possible. I'd suggest mounting the two radiators with one in front and one on top, or getting a different case that perhaps supports a bottom mounted radiator in addition to the front and top.

It was late, I don't know why I was thinking you meant 2x120mm per card. Yes, those radiators can be both be mounted in front. In fact, you could probably put three of them there if you wanted. The front supports up to a 360mm radiator with three 120mm fans.

Solution