Question Nzxt 510 elite airflow and radiator

Mar 12, 2023
So I was wondering if it would be plausible to drill my own holes at top of the Nzxt 510 and be able to mount a radiator at top just wanted to ask before i do something stupid

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You can do what you want to the case as a mod, though you're going to need a jig or a template to get the holes done right and to allow for proper airflow (for the air to pass through radiator and out the top) otherwise you're essentially impeding the air from escaping.

Judging how you're asking would indicate that you don't know what to do or how to do it. If that's the scenario, don't bother ruining the case, sell it and pick up a case from Fractal's Torrent series or a case that has unhindered top mounting options.

My 2 cents on the matter.
:)

Mar 12, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You can do what you want to the case as a mod, though you're going to need a jig or a template to get the holes done right and to allow for proper airflow (for the air to pass through radiator and out the top) otherwise you're essentially impeding the air from escaping.

Judging how you're asking would indicate that you don't know what to do or how to do it. If that's the scenario, don't bother ruining the case, sell it and pick up a case from Fractal's Torrent series or a case that has unhindered top mounting options.

My 2 cents on the matter.
:)
Thank you so much for the recommendation I was debating on getting a new case or going through the hassle but I think I’ll go with you’re recondition thank you

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Drilling cases isn't easy, to do so requires the lid be compressed very tightly between 2 blocks of stiff wood or the lid will buckle and warp, stretching the metal between holes. You'll not end up with a clean cut and not be happy with the results.

Mar 12, 2023
Welcome!

Corsair, Lian-Li and Coolermaster are some other brands to look out for. Edit:I just remembered one other brand that's budget friendly, Montech.
Thanks for the recommendation now looking at the cases I’m going to go with the Montech sky since it will actually fit my radiator

TRENDING THREADS