Question NZXT 510i Case-One little light in the top right wont shut off when my pc is off.

maag2

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
I had just got my new NZXT 510i case and I noticed when I shut down my pc, there is a small light that stays on in the top right of my case. I was wondering what its for and how to shut it off if i need to. I noticed when I turn off my power supply it will go away. Any help would be great!

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Sounds like this light is connected to power itself rather than the state that the PC is in.
This light is built into the case itself correct? It's not part of something on the motherboard?
If it's part of the case, is it on the outside like it's part of the front panel I/O?
Does the light change color when the PC is on or off? (it could be a power state indicator)

maag2

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
Sounds like this light is connected to power itself rather than the state that the PC is in.
This light is built into the case itself correct? It's not part of something on the motherboard?
If it's part of the case, is it on the outside like it's part of the front panel I/O?
Does the light change color when the PC is on or off? (it could be a power state indicator)

Yes, the light is built in itself. It is not on the motherboard. It is more right of that, at the upper end of my case.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
ok, again, does it seem like it's connected to the front panel at all?
I am thinking this light is the one that lights up the power button, and it's apparently not concealed properly inside the case causing it to glow internally.

Perhaps you can provide pictures (steady and high quality please, no blurry stuff)
Upload pictures to image hosting like https://postimages.org and share link here.

maag2

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
ok, again, does it seem like it's connected to the front panel at all?
I am thinking this light is the one that lights up the power button, and it's apparently not concealed properly inside the case causing it to glow internally.

Perhaps you can provide pictures (steady and high quality please, no blurry stuff)
Upload pictures to image hosting like https://postimages.org and share link here.
No, does not seem to be plugged into anything in the front panel. And yes, it is near the power button. I will post pictures soon when I am by the pc again. Thank you for the help.