NZXT Announces Shine 3 Mechanical Keyboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
I was checking out some high end keyboards in stores this weekend. All the high-end boards have bad key shapes and sizes (shift especially) or generally bad layouts. Some cheaper ones have great layouts, etc, but poor quality materials. And then there are some high-end keyboards that have poor quality and layouts. One would think that some pretty serious studies have been done on what keyboard layouts are optimal by now.

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
What's there to study? Just put the stardard QWERTY layout and a buttload of added keys for media and customizable functions and whatnot and you're set. Make it a mechanical, backlit and reliable, preferably PS2, and make it nice looking and I'd pay 200$ for it.

biggestinsect

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
That's the thing - we all have different wants. For me no extra keys and minimal casing are important, backlighting is preferred. Have a KB Vortex Race which I love but has non-standard key placement in a few places. NZXT selling Duckys will get the keyboard a much wider distribution channel - Newegg and the like. That white one is going to sell-out quickly.

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Once upon a time, all keyboards in the market are "mechanical" keyboard, keys made of individual switches... until technology made it simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS