NZXT Announces The Kraken G12 AIO GPU Cooling Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinaptic

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
Not surprisingly, the GPU has consistently been the loudest and hottest component in my gaming systems. The predecessor to this item (the G10 bracket) when mated up to a decent AIO watercooler tamed both problems in short order and increased overclocking headroom without having to dump a ton of cash on a custom loop. It’s seriously one of the best things I’ve ever purchased for gaming.

Like others have already mentioned, good to see NZXT making an already good product even better.

urbanj

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Not sure if your table lies about the RX480 support, or if it's NZXT's "PC Compatibility Checker", but I haven't found one non-reference RX 480 card that actually supports this cooler according to NZXT.....sigh

*EDIT*

Nevermind, seems NZXT takes you to the G10 page even though the page you were viewing previously is about the G12.
Seems NZXT needs to put out a proper G12 page, and add a "PC Compatibility Checker" for it.

Dirk_Funk

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
I was wondering about the rx480 too. Vrms are on the wrong side right? Maybe as long as you put heat sinks on them the fan creates enough airflow still?

JakeWearingKhakis

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
With the extremely diverse amount of graphics cards out, of different PCB's and layout designs, it doesn't make much sense to have a "universal" waterblock that most-likely will leave your VRMs and memory with hotspots that aren't touched or cooled well.

Get a custom full cover waterblock for your graphics card. There is nothing better than that.

A product w/o a target market. Contrary to what was said above, unlike CPUs, AIB GFX cards, at least on nVidia side, are not limited by GPU temps. The product will no doubt find buyers ... add an LED and sales will skyrocket.

EK has been selling "universal" block's since they the company was first established so "nothing new here" ... just another cheap imitation that doesn't deliver anything over air coolers. Do not see the logig in delivering hald the solution. No objection to water cooling, but if you are going to go that route.

a) Make sure the pump delivers 1 gpm or better.
b) Never mix copper blocks with aluminum rads.
c) Make sure that you can add corrosion inhibitors after they lose their effectiveness (useful life = 18 months)
d) Do not accept low efficiency aluminum radiators which require higher rpm / much noisier fans to offset their low heat transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.