[SOLVED] NZXT CAM software - Kraken X62

J053F K

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2015
Has anyone got any experience with getting this software working consistently? I have a Kraken X62 and it worked reasonably well with my last build, but since transferring it to an X570 platform with integrated RGB I've had no end of trouble. The software freezes when I'm using it, fails to recognise the hardware, and often will just stop operating. I was running Cinebench this evening and mid way through the run the fans slowed down to idle and the lights stopped reflecting the temperature of the CPU. I was drawing 165W at this point.

Cosmetic problems I can accept, but if the fans stop reacting to the temperature of the CPU it could result in some real damage....or at the very least, unnecessary thermal throttling.

I get the impression other RGB control software interferes with CAM, but I can't work out how to stop this.

I'm running ASUS Aura for my GPU and Gigabyte RGB Fusion alongside CAM (3900x on Gigabyte X570, Asus Strix GTX 1080).

Does anyone know how to get CAM stable/consistent? Or should I just forget about the software and run my fans off motherboard headers?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
That pump is just a standard four pin fan header connector isn't it? If so, just run it off the CPU_FAN header. It should not be "controlled" anyhow. Pumps should be run at full speed at all times. Only fans should be variable speed controls. If it will connect to the CPU fan header then do that, and in the BIOS change that fan header's speed to 100% full time.

J053F K

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2015
...yeah, agreed. The hardware is great but the software is terrible. Had no idea it was so invasive...thanks for the heads up.

I know I can run the fans off motherboard headers - is there any way of controlling the speed of the pump without using CAM? Also, is there any way of controlling the RGB lights without CAM?

That pump is just a standard four pin fan header connector isn't it? If so, just run it off the CPU_FAN header. It should not be "controlled" anyhow. Pumps should be run at full speed at all times. Only fans should be variable speed controls. If it will connect to the CPU fan header then do that, and in the BIOS change that fan header's speed to 100% full time.

Solution