NZXT Clarifies BLD's $350 Fee, Warranty Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomeoReject

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
I still think this is a neat little service on their part. Yeah, you can order pre-built PCs from places like iBuyPower and CyberPC, but unless you already know what does what for gaming, you're likely going to pick the odd "wrong" upgrade. Having a "guide" for what you actually need could be huge for making PC Gaming more accessible.

mrmez

Splendid
Or.... you could walk into your local PC shop and get some advice, along with a warranty and build service, all of which are usually at no additional charge.

kissfan003

Reputable
May 29, 2017
It's not for everyone but I like it! I plan on using the service once the x299's are released, assuming they are going to go in that direction.

Retrogame

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2007
Bear in mind, if you try to order a gaming or enthusiast grade pre-built PC from, say, Dell, they want to charge you double the price of just buying parts off the shelf and building it yourself. So if a good machine would otherwise cost you $1000, for example, now it would cost $2000. $1350 is a middle of the road compromise where they'll give you an extended warranty and build it for you. So, I can see where their angle is.

Status
Not open for further replies.