shaggygodmode

Honorable
Feb 13, 2019
Hello !

I am a huge noob when it comes to pc parts so I am once again asking for some help haha! So i am planning on buying a NZXT kraken cooler but I wonder if I should get a NZXT or Corsair fan. I can't decide whether I should buy the NZXT Aer 2 RGB fans or the QL120 fans. First I was thinking about buying the LL120 fans but I think they are worse than the QL120 fans.

I hope the community can help me out with this struggle and thanks in advance !

Much love from the Netherlands :)

Solution
Why would you buy an AIO but not use the fans that come with it? Seems pointless when there are several AIOs that use aRGB fans by default.

If you're buying the Kraken for the 'performance' that you've seen it reviewed for, they are using the fans for the cooler that are shipped with it. Cannot expect the same to be true by replacing them with different fans.

For 'best fans' - I would choose the best fan which isn't aRGB as most high-performing fans don't have lighting, so this comes down to either performance or looking pretty - I assume we're ignoring performance for 'looks'?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Why would you buy an AIO but not use the fans that come with it? Seems pointless when there are several AIOs that use aRGB fans by default.

If you're buying the Kraken for the 'performance' that you've seen it reviewed for, they are using the fans for the cooler that are shipped with it. Cannot expect the same to be true by replacing them with different fans.

For 'best fans' - I would choose the best fan which isn't aRGB as most high-performing fans don't have lighting, so this comes down to either performance or looking pretty - I assume we're ignoring performance for 'looks'?

Solution

shaggygodmode

Honorable
Feb 13, 2019
None of them.
You're sacrificing cooling performance for more aesthetic flair. None of the ones you've listed are suitable for radiator fans, except the 2200rpm version of the Corsair LLs.

If you want RGB fans, pick a cooler that already has them.
I am so sorry haha I forgot to put some more information about my computer. So I want
None of them.
You're sacrificing cooling performance for more aesthetic flair. None of the ones you've listed are suitable for radiator fans, except the 2200rpm version of the Corsair LLs.

If you want RGB fans, pick a cooler that already has them.
Thank you so much for your reply! I will just stick with the stock ones haha

shaggygodmode

Honorable
Feb 13, 2019

Thank you for your quick reply! Yea .. I am probably going to stick with the base fans which comes with the cooler :)

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
If you can find AIO with rgb fan you like then thats great way to go. As someone who build from pieces and bought 6 LL120s I dont want to speak badly of them because they are good fans. But still now I think these fans are so insanely overpriced. Probably I am wrong and people can show me this is why this fan costs this much. From performance side these are excellent for what I did. Set the fan curves so they just about silent at idel its great. Ramp up when gaming pc always in a good temp ranges. Almost never notice fans now curve is set good. Got the white version so they match white case it looks very pleasing. Again I should only have good things to say about these but the price maybe I am the too old so can't accept that fans not cheap . Other brands no cheap either. :)

Reactions: shaggygodmode

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Thank you for your quick reply! Yea .. I am probably going to stick with the base fans which comes with the cooler :)

Most radiator fans are usually focused more on static pressure than just overall airflow or aRGB lighting accents, where most of these radiator-centric fans may or may not have lighting features you are seeking...some do, some do not, though. Plus, lighting accent fans are going to add an additional $30-$50 (or more) which could be used for other beneficial performance improvements such as better cooler overall, more SSD storage or additional RAM. (In my opinion) But aRGB is important to some, so it really depends on your overall focus - we can still help to try and get you where you want to go.

For example, I wouldn't even consider the Kraken - I would suggest the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 or 360, depending on which size you are seeking. These units are MUCH more well-built than most other AIOs (I have both 280 and 360 Krakens as well as 280 and 260 Arctic Liquid Freezer II's for testing....the Arctic coolers are hefty, thick radiators with broad tubing and their own pump unit (not CoolIt or Asetek). However, the NXZT coolers have the nice LCD display and CAM software management for simple controls.

There are also some very good air coolers on the market as well, so those are other good options unless you are wanting to lean toward liquid cooling.