[SOLVED] Nzxt g12 and rtx 2080ti loss in FPS!!?

Aug 31, 2020
So I recently decided to put the nzxt g12 onto my rtx 2080ti, at first I installed it with nothing but the g12, I was pleased with the significantly lower GPU temps down from 80 to 50 however I ran a the unigine heaven benchmark and was shocked to see the score drop from over 5000 with the stock 2080ti to under 3000 with the g12…
I saw around a 40 FPS drop in the farcry 5 benchmark too, this hasn't changed after checking it was installed correctly and adding thermal pads and heatsinks to all the vrms and vram on the card, the backplate is far cooler to touch than without the g12 so not sure if it is overheating in the first place...
If anyone is able to help me solve this It would be greatly appreciated thanks 🤞

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see if uninstalling the GPU drivers with DDU and reinstalling said GPU drivers with the latest from Nvidia's support site(manually and in an elevated command) helps you out.

Might it be possible to state the rest of your specs? See to it that the AIO add on for the GPU is flush mounted to the GPU's (hotside)PCB.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see if uninstalling the GPU drivers with DDU and reinstalling said GPU drivers with the latest from Nvidia's support site(manually and in an elevated command) helps you out.

Might it be possible to state the rest of your specs? See to it that the AIO add on for the GPU is flush mounted to the GPU's (hotside)PCB.

Solution