NZXT G12 on RX 580

vvmadbullvv

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Has searched other forum posts with this question and didn't see anyone who actually responded afterwards saying whether it worked or not. Does the NZXT g12 fit on the XFX RX 580 8GB graphics cards? Looking for answers from people who have done it.
Card I have currently is:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/xfx-amd-radeon-rx-580-gts-black-edition-8gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card-black/6092641.p?skuId=6092641&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=663&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0dHdBRDEARIsAHjZYYD_JwF1McO65h6myhhjLebHYGymRzR9w5WJUfB8kBIdEzmi5ee4qSYaAtSiEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

But also wondering if anyone has used it on any other versions of the 8gb variant.

For everyone else, no im not going to upgrade to a 1070 or any other card. I want it watercooled for quiet reasons not overclock reasons but thanks though.

Solution
In all honesty, you're right in that much of the inquiries we see on the forums are around quick-help questions without any background, so I apologize for rushing to that conclusion. In the future, it will help to preface with steps already covered which should streamline the following responses and suggestions.

Honestly, I personally do not have an answer and if you've done a month's worth of research and inquiry and have yet to determine a solid answer...you might actually have your answer. The cost isn't too bad ($30) and hopefully you can return it if you find it doesn't work. I can't imagine they haven't tested fitment to an RX 580 and have their page updated to reflect that...it seems like an important detail, although I did...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Did you happen to Google it and find out? I found this literally within a few seconds on the NZXT site for the G12:

Compatibility - Graphic Cards
Nvidia
Titan X, Titan, Geforce GTX 1080 Ti, 1080, 1070, 1060, 980 Ti, 980, 970, 960, 780 Ti, 780, 770, 760, 680, 670, 660Ti, 660, 580, 570
AMD
RX 480, 470, R9 390X*, 390*, 380X*, 380, 290X*, 290*, 285*, 280X*, 280*, 270X, 270, R7 370, HD7970*, 7950*, 7870, 7850, 6970, 6950, 6870, 6850, 6790, 6770, 5870, 5850, 5830

580 is not listed.

Please attempt do a bit of research - questions like this are easily answered by looking things up on your own.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
It sounds like you had your answer and NZXT should update their page to reflect what their belief is on the cooler being able to support the RX 580. Those cards have been available for quite some time, so it is really a lack of updating current hardware supported. 'Should fit' is still something I would be wary of. This means they gave you an answer but don't stand by what they said.

Perhaps instead of asking a very generalized question which is answered by a simple website Google, simply provide the information that you had already looked it all up and actually spoken to someone at NZXT as part of the initial post. This way, we know that you've already taken some steps rather than starting at square 1 and trying to piece together an answer that you've already done yourself. Your response seems to carry a tone that I should have known that you had already done this.

vvmadbullvv

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Sorry I guess I just expect if I'm asking a question on a forum that I've done my homework. But I guess in this day and age that's not how it is people just want an answer without doing any leg work. I have been researching this for about a month and would rather not tear apart my card until I have a solid answer as to whether or not I will have to rig it with a shim. Guess I will just have to order it and bite the bullet and see. I might take my all in one Loop off of my processor and are cool it until I know that it's going to work.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
In all honesty, you're right in that much of the inquiries we see on the forums are around quick-help questions without any background, so I apologize for rushing to that conclusion. In the future, it will help to preface with steps already covered which should streamline the following responses and suggestions.

Honestly, I personally do not have an answer and if you've done a month's worth of research and inquiry and have yet to determine a solid answer...you might actually have your answer. The cost isn't too bad ($30) and hopefully you can return it if you find it doesn't work. I can't imagine they haven't tested fitment to an RX 580 and have their page updated to reflect that...it seems like an important detail, although I did find that NZXT originally had the M22 on their website as supporting AMD Threadripper - sent the rep a screenshot after he told me it didn't. They fixed it after that.

Solution

vvmadbullvv

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
PowerColor-Radeon-RX-580-Red-Devil-8GB-GDDR5-DVI-HDMI-3x-DisplayPort-AXRX-580-8GBD5-3DHOC.jpg

https://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/xfx_radeon_rx580_8gb_black_edition/

So the image above is a powercolor variant of the rx 580. The link is mine with an image of the pcb below it. Alpha cool makes a block for the powercolor one. Do you think there is too much of a difference between the two to use it on mine?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
There are some differences in the power delivery components on each board, so not sure if the idea is to compare them exactly or not. I've seen some of the Alphacool blocks you're mentioning, but not entirely sure if they will fit your card. I would shoot them an email and see if they can provide you fitment details.

They're good guys, I talk to one of them quite often...testing one of their giant watercooling kits now, actually.

vvmadbullvv

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Thank you Rubix for the insight. I reached out to them and have not heard anything back from them yet but I'm still waiting. Since my last post on here, contradicting myself here, had a 1070 reference card drop in my lap for $200 so I no longer personally need to water cool the 580 and have ordered a full ekwb loop.