[SOLVED] NZXT H510, any thoughts on it or other mid tower recommendations?

Solution
Imma just copy-paste my response from other NZXT H500 threads here:
NZXT's H500 series. They're a great chassis, with 2 major flaws:
1)Limited cooling options
2)This one plays right along with #1, in that both high power cpus and gpus can't be thermally managed well - it can do one or the other. For example, a 9900K + 2080Ti. A H700 would be better for that kind of combination.
The ideal way to use this chassis:
-if air cooling only, the stock config of top and rear exhaust is the best overall. The same applies to the H500 Elite which has its 2 fans preinstalled in the front.
-if introducing liquid coolers, the front should be saved for a 240/280mm to be used as pull intake on the hottest and most power-hungry part between the cpu and...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Imma just copy-paste my response from other NZXT H500 threads here:
NZXT's H500 series. They're a great chassis, with 2 major flaws:
1)Limited cooling options
2)This one plays right along with #1, in that both high power cpus and gpus can't be thermally managed well - it can do one or the other. For example, a 9900K + 2080Ti. A H700 would be better for that kind of combination.
The ideal way to use this chassis:
-if air cooling only, the stock config of top and rear exhaust is the best overall. The same applies to the H500 Elite which has its 2 fans preinstalled in the front.
-if introducing liquid coolers, the front should be saved for a 240/280mm to be used as pull intake on the hottest and most power-hungry part between the cpu and gpu, with the cooler device left to be cooled on air.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot that your parts list was set to private.

Last edited:
Solution
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MilkNKookie/saved/#view=TCxnLk

I am about to order all of my parts but have seen back and forth reviews about NZXT H510 should I go with it or not? If not recommend a better case

Your list is set to private.

Phaaze88 provides good advice.

The 500 series are well thought out from a builders perspective. Cable management is quite easy.

I am running a 3800x on a Corsair H60. The 120mm radiator exhaust and 140mm top fan are the only fans installed. My cpu will top out around 72C-75C and the Asus ROG 2070S tops out at 54C running Furmark a few times consecutively. While the Asus 2070S has a great heat sink it does show how good the airflow actually is in this case. The same gpu ran at 62C in a Corsair Carbide 100R case.

My pc is silent for general usage and only gets mildly audible during gaming sessions.

The 500 is a great case but is on the smaller side. I had to remove the HDD cage in order to have a place for the psu cables. If I had build another pc now the 500 series would be my first choice.

mvPZg5Z.jpg

ZYczLLA.jpg

I see nothing wrong with the NZXT 510 case.
It allows 2 front 140mm intakes which should be sufficient for most components.
It can support a very good air cooler if that is what you need.
Aesthetics count, but YOU are the judge of that.

Post a list of parts that we can see.