[SOLVED] NZXT H510

Jun 9, 2020
Hello, i wanted to ask if i can put a non-modular Seasonic Core GC's cables in an NXZT H510 in the psu shroud without seeing any cables from outside. Thanks!

Solution
Yes, that is possible.

But, it's a mid-tower case and the design of the case does have some limitations.

If you don't have any hard drives then simply remove the HDD cage and there is quite a bit of room to work with under the psu shroud. If you have HDD's then it's going to get pretty tight, doable but cramped. I have a 650 watt Seasonic, so 750 watt psu's could require the HDD cage to be removed.

About the case. I've buit quite a few pc's over the years in cases like the HAF 932 to the Corsair Carbide 100R. The NZXT 500 series is utterly fantastic in it's design for cable management. I've never seen the thought put into this like NZXT has, and all for $70.

Now the airflow. It's a negative pressure case by design. The top and rear...
Yes, that is possible.

But, it's a mid-tower case and the design of the case does have some limitations.

If you don't have any hard drives then simply remove the HDD cage and there is quite a bit of room to work with under the psu shroud. If you have HDD's then it's going to get pretty tight, doable but cramped. I have a 650 watt Seasonic, so 750 watt psu's could require the HDD cage to be removed.

About the case. I've buit quite a few pc's over the years in cases like the HAF 932 to the Corsair Carbide 100R. The NZXT 500 series is utterly fantastic in it's design for cable management. I've never seen the thought put into this like NZXT has, and all for $70.

Now the airflow. It's a negative pressure case by design. The top and rear fan are all that's required for proper cooling. On-line tests of the case show that when placing a front fan in the case the gpu temps will actually rise as the natural convection is disrupted. You can use front fans, just be aware of the effect.

The cable management, awesome. The look, even better than what I'd imagined. Just got it assembled last night, can't wait to fire it up!

ZYczLLA.jpg

GR8NS4v.jpg

Z9Hjuah.jpg

Solution
Jun 9, 2020
Yes, that is possible.

Now the airflow. It's a negative pressure case by design. The top and rear fan are all that's required for proper cooling. On-line tests of the case show that when placing a front fan in the case the gpu temps will actually rise as the natural convection is disrupted. You can use front fans, just be aware of the effect.

The cable management, awesome. The look, even better than what I'd imagined. Just got it assembled last night, can't wait to fire it up!

ZYczLLA.jpg

GR8NS4v.jpg

Z9Hjuah.jpg
You're the man!