[SOLVED] NZXT H510i Elite AER2 fans not lighting up

Oct 19, 2021
Hi, I built my system, but CAM doesn't recognize the default front fans and the additional AER2 fan I installed. Fans are spinning, but they don't light up.
Maybe I didn't connect a cable to the smart device or something, but I can't figure it out myself.

My MOBO is ASUS PRIME Z590 P
I connected the smart device to the port as the picture shows below
The additional fan is connected to the smart device as the second picture shows

I thought the front fans were prebuilt so I didn't touch anything.
Any advice would be appreciated

lqtUSlY.jpg

w8JkcHH.jpg

Solution
can very well be a bad hub.
the OEM versions are always a bit more finicky than the retail versions.

my last two cases;
be quiet! Dark Base 700 & Fractal Design Vector RS
both had FAN/LED hubs that malfunctioned over time and both were replaced by the manufacturers and have worked perfectly ever since.

both are very nice cases by well respected manufacturers as is NZXT.
be quiet! & Fractal Design support agents just asked for images of the issue through email and mailed the replacement part out with no hassle whatsoever.
Oct 19, 2021
for the CAM software to recognize devices they need to be connected to it's corresponding hub.
you only have a single fan connected so it should be the only one visible/controllable through the software.

where are the other fans connected?

Non-RGB fans are connected to MOBO directly. All the LED ports were per-occupied when I bought the case so I left it as it was

you should provide a more accurate description of your setup;
case model,
amount of fans with make/models & connector(s) used.

kind of odd the hub would offer 3 fan headers but only 2 LED headers.
this would mean that unless there are built-in RGB cable splitters in use you can only control 2 connected device's LEDs through the CAM software.

you would be better off getting a 3rd party hub that will allow you to connect all RGB devices.
then connect that hub to a motherboard RGB header and use your motherboard control software to sync all of those RGB devices.

Oct 19, 2021
you should provide a more accurate description of your setup;
case model,
amount of fans with make/models & connector(s) used.

kind of odd the hub would offer 3 fan headers but only 2 LED headers.
this would mean that unless there are built-in RGB cable splitters in use you can only control 2 connected device's LEDs through the CAM software.

you would be better off getting a 3rd party hub that will allow you to connect all RGB devices.
then connect that hub to a motherboard RGB header and use your motherboard control software to sync all of those RGB devices.

Case model is NZXT H510i Elite
Two front RGB fans & NZXT Smart device were a pre-installed option. I bought another NZXT AER2 fan to install on the top. I was told that NZXT fans can be daisy-chained. That's why I decided to buy the additional one.. What I don't understand is, at least the front fans should be working since they were pre-installed unless I did something wrong in the first place when I built it. You think it looks there's no issue with installation, though?

yeah, with the 510 Elite and their included Hue 2 hub you should be able to daisy chain the fans to a single header.

NZXT's version of their hub for retail sales also requires a SATA power connection.
the USB 2.0 connection only allows the CAM software to interface with the hub.
but this included version doesn't appear quite the same.
are you sure there isn't a separate power cable along with this USB cable somewhere, maybe stuffed away among other cables? or a direct connect option on the hub for a SATA power cable?

also make sure you have the latest motherboard drivers installed and the latest version of the CAM software.
you could also try the Hub's power cable to another USB header if CAM still doesn't recognize the fans.

Oct 10, 2021
yeah, with the 510 Elite and their included Hue 2 hub you should be able to daisy chain the fans to a single header.

NZXT's version of their hub for retail sales also requires a SATA power connection.
the USB 2.0 connection only allows the CAM software to interface with the hub.
but this included version doesn't appear quite the same.
are you sure there isn't a separate power cable along with this USB cable somewhere, maybe stuffed away among other cables? or a direct connect option on the hub for a SATA power cable?

also make sure you have the latest motherboard drivers installed and the latest version of the CAM software.
you could also try the Hub's power cable to another USB header if CAM still doesn't recognize the fans.

Fans are actually recognized in the Cooling category, though. That's why I'm confused. It would have been clearer if it wasn't completely unrecognized. I connected a SATA cable to the PSU.

zk2YdfO.png
CdpE8Vm.png

can very well be a bad hub.
the OEM versions are always a bit more finicky than the retail versions.

my last two cases;
be quiet! Dark Base 700 & Fractal Design Vector RS
both had FAN/LED hubs that malfunctioned over time and both were replaced by the manufacturers and have worked perfectly ever since.

both are very nice cases by well respected manufacturers as is NZXT.
be quiet! & Fractal Design support agents just asked for images of the issue through email and mailed the replacement part out with no hassle whatsoever.

Solution