[SOLVED] Nzxt h710i + Rtx 3080, will it overheat?

vlad0934

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
Is the nzxt h710i relatively good for temps and will it keep my 3080 cool?

Heat factories I got : i7 10700k, msi gaming x trio 3080

I’m going to pick up the h710i tmrw and just wanted to know how well could it handle the temps of my system, I’ve had the h510 before and I love NZXT design and build quality and when I switched over to the Cooler master TD500 mesh I was greatly disappointed as that case just felt really cheap and had too much going on around it (I guess that’s what I get for buying a 150$ case)

I love the minimalistic designs of nzxt and thus here I am returning the cooler master and just throwing 280$ for an nzxt hoping it keeps up with the he thermals

my plan with the airflow is rather simple, have the front fans blow cool air through the aio for the cpu to cool and the gpu to breathe and the top and rear fans blowing exhaust from the furnace of a gpu (I doubt the cpu temps will be a problem since even my old h510 was able to run the i7 @ 5ghz without throttling, but the 3080 in the h510 basically turned the whole case into a radiator as it was mostly stuck at 80c unless I set the fan to full throttle).

now I’m wondering if the the little gap they give u along the rear side panel is enough to get the hot air out the case? (I love that they kept the top of the case clean and solid, as I absolutely despised the very unappealing looking top of the TD500)

alternatively if you know any other good cases that are minimalistic in style and don’t look like an eye sore with good thermals I’m open to suggestions :)

Side note : the 3080 I have is a silicon lottery winner (was able to push it to 3090 level performance with a hefty +225mhz on core) so there will defiantly be an overclock on that big boi and I’m hoping the case could handle it.

Solution
The H500 has it's downsides, and there exists a workaround - it's just that most owners did it backwards. The gpu should get priority to the liquid cooling space in the front, not the cpu.

That's in the past now... the H700 is the direct solution to the H500's shortcomings - albeit a brute force method via moar fans.

alternatively if you know any other good cases that are minimalistic in style and don’t look like an eye sore with good thermals I’m open to suggestions :)
That's tough, because a good one still doesn't beat open mesh in thermals. Just work with what you got.
Here's a few alternatives:
be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2
Cooler Master Mastercase SL600M
Antec P120 Crystal or Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic/Dynamic XL

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The H500 has it's downsides, and there exists a workaround - it's just that most owners did it backwards. The gpu should get priority to the liquid cooling space in the front, not the cpu.

That's in the past now... the H700 is the direct solution to the H500's shortcomings - albeit a brute force method via moar fans.

That's tough, because a good one still doesn't beat open mesh in thermals. Just work with what you got.

Solution

vlad0934

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019

thanks for the reply, I got the H710i and the thermals are perfect, 4 120mm fans for exhaust on top and back, and 2, 140mm fans in the front for intake, cpu rests comfortably at around 85c 100% load for 20 mins (accept for core #3 which thinks it’s special and sits around 90, which in my opinion is totally acceptable as pretty much no game uses all 16 threads at the same time so the cpu sits at around 50-60c while gaming), the gpu is also able to breathe properly and sits at around 60-70c (it is also overclocked to 2180mhz so the temps are pretty impressive and the fan doesn’t even have to turn into a jet engine)

happy with the case :)

vlad0934

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
What kind of load was this?

The difference between the hottest and coolest cores at 10C or less is within Intel's specs.

it was Msi kombustor Core burner, which just locks the cpu to 100% + I did 10 consecutive cinebench runs after to make sure the same thing would happen in the case where the cpu is actually doing work instead of an endless loop of instructions, some of the cores did jump up to around 93c for about half a second but went back down to the range of 83-87 I think the fluctuation is normal and the clock speed was not reduced so that’s why I just simplified it with 85 as that’s around what it stuck to 98% of the time

TRENDING THREADS