mike52bk

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
Hello, I've been looking around for the NZXT Hades ( http://www.nzxt.com/products/hades/ ) and im assuming is not on the market yet since I haven't been able to find it, but does anyone know when it will be avaliable? trying to decide on which case to buy for a new gaming rig... is either between that case and CoolerMaster HAF 932 AMD Edition.... any suggestions? thanks!

Solution
No release date yet set.

Looks like an average case with some nice pain/bezel.

Horribly planned cooling. 4 fans in total with optional 140mm exhaust at top, since they don't include it.

1 140mm exhaust on top, 1 120x exhaust
1x 200mm side intake, and 1 200mm front intake.

The front 200mm is has a dust filter, however it may take some work to remove it for cleaning.

The side panel 200mm appears to have a dust filter, I cannot confirm 100%, but it looks like a good chance that it is.

Now there's already one huge problem with the 200mm intake side panel fan. If it really pushes 150cm+ of air, it's going to disrupt airflow inside the case, and should not be used at full speed, perhaps 40% to keep air flow going.

Also they...

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
No release date yet set.

Looks like an average case with some nice pain/bezel.

Horribly planned cooling. 4 fans in total with optional 140mm exhaust at top, since they don't include it.

1 140mm exhaust on top, 1 120x exhaust
1x 200mm side intake, and 1 200mm front intake.

The front 200mm is has a dust filter, however it may take some work to remove it for cleaning.

The side panel 200mm appears to have a dust filter, I cannot confirm 100%, but it looks like a good chance that it is.

Now there's already one huge problem with the 200mm intake side panel fan. If it really pushes 150cm+ of air, it's going to disrupt airflow inside the case, and should not be used at full speed, perhaps 40% to keep air flow going.

Also they will not include the 2nd 140mm top exhaust fan.

I would most definitely opt for the HAF 932 AMD edition over the NZXT Hades.

Solution
Sometimes products are announced long before they are available.

Sometimes products are available in one country but not in another country.

Sometimes it takes time to get products through the global distribution network. Some areas may receive products before other areas receive products.

The same thing happened to me with the Lian Li / Lancool Dragon Lord case. It was available in Asia and Europe before it was available in the USA.

I took a look at the web page you linked to and the photographs. The design and features look interesting. Most of the features are common to other gaming cases. Look at enough cases for a few years and the cases kind of start to look the same.

mike52bk

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
I appreciate everyones replys... and yeah I was just looking at the hades I thought it looked like a good case and would be well for a gaming rig. As I kept looking more at the AMD HAF edition I think I will go with that.... thanks guys

xadart

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I contacted NZXT. Hades is expected to be out (in Europe) in the middle of February. I also enquired about the Tempest Evo, that is expected to be out in early March.

Latest posts