nzxt Hale82 V2 550w or evga600b?

tinchokawaii

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
hi guys, i want to pick one of thoses and idk wich one to choose in thermal/noise, and the nzxt one isnt at the psu tier list

My Specs are:
a8-5600k (going to upgrade to a pentium coffe lake)
8gb of ram
gtx1060 3gb

Solution
Ok, well as you already know, the South American market makes it rough when it comes to quality PC hardware, and with power supplies especially. I always have troubles finding decent units for the very few Brazilian and Argentinian members we see here just due to shipping or import tax concerns through Amazon or other retailers and a lack of quality hardware from those who sell regionally there.

In the past I've found that usually the best units I've been able to recommend for South American members have usually been something from the Antec High current gamer or True power classic series units, which seem to have SOME availability down there. For your GTX1060 you only need a good 450w unit but it HAS to be a really good unit if it's...

tinchokawaii

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

im from Argentina and my budget is around 85usd

Ok, well as you already know, the South American market makes it rough when it comes to quality PC hardware, and with power supplies especially. I always have troubles finding decent units for the very few Brazilian and Argentinian members we see here just due to shipping or import tax concerns through Amazon or other retailers and a lack of quality hardware from those who sell regionally there.

In the past I've found that usually the best units I've been able to recommend for South American members have usually been something from the Antec High current gamer or True power classic series units, which seem to have SOME availability down there. For your GTX1060 you only need a good 450w unit but it HAS to be a really good unit if it's only 450w AND it needs to be a model with the necessary six pin connector.

Neither of the units you listed would be recommended as "good" for that configuration. Likely, they would not even last much past a year if that.

The Hale82 units are no longer listed on the tier list, since they are too old and no longer in production or available for purchase in most markets anymore, but they USED to sit in a tier four spot at the following link. I'd look to units on tiers 1 or 2 as good options, and units on tier 3 only if you absolutely have to settle for one of them.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Solution

tinchokawaii

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

well, i think that i will the 600b because is in tier 3, and i will save money for buying a t2 or t1 psu (i need a psu now, thats why i doesnt save now), really, thank you