[SOLVED] NZXT Hue+ Faulty LED strips

mi_ga

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
My NZXT Hue recently stopped working. The hue box is still receiving power through the psu, and the CAM software still recognizes that the hue is connected. However, the trips will not respond to the software. No light is given off at all. I assume this means the strips themselves are the issue, but I dont know how to test them. Can anyone clarify how to do so?
Thanks!

Solution
HUE+ has 2x channels, remove the LED strips from one channel and plug them into another channel to verify if they work or not. Also, it could be the issue of loose connector between HUE+ and MoBo (USB 2.0) or LED strips. So check them as well.

As far as testing LED strips without HUE+ goes, this can't be done since HUE+ LED strips work only with HUE+ and Smart Device (latter is included with NZXT i-series PC cases, e.g: H200i, H400i, H500i, H700i).

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
HUE+ has 2x channels, remove the LED strips from one channel and plug them into another channel to verify if they work or not. Also, it could be the issue of loose connector between HUE+ and MoBo (USB 2.0) or LED strips. So check them as well.

As far as testing LED strips without HUE+ goes, this can't be done since HUE+ LED strips work only with HUE+ and Smart Device (latter is included with NZXT i-series PC cases, e.g: H200i, H400i, H500i, H700i).

Solution