NZXT Introduces Its First Mini-ITX Case, The Manta

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
While I applaud them for their new ITX case they still managed fail big time with the PSU shroud by not learning from the H440.

The PSU shroud must be removable to ease the install of the PSU and help with cable routing!
Also I cannot help but notice there is not dust filter on the front intake by looking ad the pictures provided.

One thing I cannot understand is why include 3 x 120mm fans. Why not 2 x 140mm and 1 x 120mm. Seems like a complete waste to include the extra 2 x 120mm fans as everyone will replace the front and top fans with 140mm fans.

vagrantsoul

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
While I applaud them for their new ITX case they still managed fail big time with the PSU shroud by not learning from the H440.

The PSU shroud must be removable to ease the install of the PSU and help with cable routing!
Also I cannot help but notice there is not dust filter on the front intake by looking ad the pictures provided.

One thing I cannot understand is why include 3 x 120mm fans. Why not 2 x 140mm and 1 x 120mm. Seems like a complete waste to include the extra 2 x 120mm fans as everyone will replace the front and top fans with 140mm fans.
it's all probably to save costs to keep the msrp down... this is already kinda high for an itx case, not to mention...large. Want to see this in person before passing final judgement, but not a fan currently... would have also liked to see something other than the nzxt logo on the side, or nothing at all, personally like the s340 having the plain shroud.

I've gotten used to the non removable shroud speaking of which after about 6 builds in h440/s340/noctis 450 cases... it's no enthoo series, but i haven't had too many issues with routing and i have far from small hands.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

it's all probably to save costs to keep the msrp down... this is already kinda high for an itx case, not to mention...large. Want to see this in person before passing final judgement, but not a fan currently... would have also liked to see something other than the nzxt logo on the side, or nothing at all, personally like the s340 having the plain shroud.

I've gotten used to the non removable shroud speaking of which after about 6 builds in h440/s340/noctis 450 cases... it's no enthoo series, but i haven't had too many issues with routing and i have far from small hands.

Indeed I agree $140 is high for an ITX case when the Enthoo Evolv iTX is only $70 (half the price)and can accommodate 2 x 140mm or a single 200mm fan in the front 2 x 140mm in the top and 140mm fan in the rear while being smaller in both depth and width.

They could have lowered the case price by just opting not to include any fans at all making the price under $100. The first thing in did with my H440 was replace all 4 fans because they moved little to no air.

Update: Here is the video review for the Manta which shows an awesome dust filter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7D-sPfveVQ

On the bright side this is better than the Fractal Nano S ITX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AqW0NBMyLo

C 64

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
You call it manta, but it doesn't come with a fox brush? I am disappoint.

Rest assured that there will be plenty of moders who will make the case even lower and wider - for better handling....
If this is the Manta what is the GTI?

ahmedmo1

Reputable
Jan 26, 2016
This case is ~45 L. This could have fit a full ATX case. What a waste of space. I don't see the point of an ITX case above 30L.

toddybody

Distinguished
Not small enough. Might as well by MATX

Yes, while it's not the smallest footprint afforded by mITX...it provides some AWESOME features for cable management (PSU shroud) and coolers/fans. There are plenty of options if you want a mini box.

stoned_ritual

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
Is this the first ITX chassis to support dual big radiators? I really like the aesthetics of this little guy. Would like to downsize from the h440, which is quite big for a matx tower.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
While it's got a nice design aesthetic, I think it's too big for a Mini ITX case.

There's no need to support three radiators; a mount at the top able to take one 240mm radiator or 2x 120mm ones would be more than enough IMO, with mounts at the front for a pair of reasonably slim 120mm fans.

Instead it's just big in order to cram in features that we don't really need. Same thing with the five hard-drive bays; two 2.5" drive bays is more than enough for Mini-ITX IMO as it allows for mirroring for safety, or striping for capacity (a good RAID controller should give high performance in both modes). With a board that can take an m.2 drive this allows you to have two spinning disks for capacity and an SSD as a cache via Intel Smart Response, which is all the storage anyone needs (aside from a back-up drive of course).

g-unit1111

Titan

The design is pretty similar to that of the H440, and its' really easy to install a power supply in those cases. I've used both the NZXT H440 and the Phanteks Enthoo Pro - which has a removable PSU cover. Personally I've found of the two cases that the H440 was much easier to install a PSU in, but the Enthoo Pro was easier to route cables through it.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Kinda defeats the purpose of going ITX isn't it? but whatever, people are dumb and they will buy anything, I know that by experience, I tend to buy shiny all the time

rudylorren

Reputable
May 26, 2015
I think it's fugly and expensive, which is unfortunate seeing as how I was looking forward to a mITX chassis from NZXT...

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
While I am glad to finally see a mini ITX case from my favorite chassis manufacturer, I agree that this is too big. I don't need room for a full sized GPU or anything like that... I am planning to shift my build to mini ITX and this sadly won't be the case I will buy. I want something like CM Elite 120/130, just with slightly better cooling.

Actually, it does have a front intake filter.

Also, the PSU cabling is easily accessible from the backside and I don't see how you could expect it to be any smaller and still have the kind of liquid cooling support it has. I think this could be a terrific case for some folks and honestly, this aesthetic in a rather larger mid tower might be very successful.

qn2nug.jpg

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I agree, even a Cooler Master N200 is smaller and lighter than that thing is. Sure it looks pretty and is nice and compact but being heavy and expensive does defeat the purpose. I'd like to see NZXT manufacture a set top box similar to the Fractal Node 202 or the Silverstone RVZ02B but with H440 / Noctis styling.

Status
Not open for further replies.