Question NZXT KRAKEN - No supported power supply detected...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinarius

Honorable
Mar 18, 2017
I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 Pro x64.

A few things are not right after it. One is my NZXT KRAKEN water cooler.

I have just managed to install the 690LC driver and the yellow flag has gone from device manager.

Now the CAM interface is no longer telling me it can't find a driver. That's progress.

I now have two questions...

1. Should the Kraken fans be running all the time, or only when CPU is too hot?

2. In CAM > Tuning > Power...............it says, "No supported power supply was found." Does this mean that my cooler is not getting power from the motherboard connection? (In Tuning > Cooling, both Fan and Pump are set to Silent.)

Is anything wrong? If so, what should I do to fix it?

Many thanks.

D.

Dinarius

Honorable
Mar 18, 2017
Ps. I should have written that the fans and NZXT light are both working.

The CAM app is listing both fan RPM and fan speed. It’s just not detecting any power supply.

Should I try installing a previous version of CAM app?

Thanks.
D.

jpe1701

Honorable
I haven't used the kraken series but if it's like any other Aestek cooler there should be a way to control the fan curve so that the fan spins up at a certain temp at a speed you set. If you haven't changed the fan curve then it is operating on the default curve and might be spinning up at a low temp. The other part of your question is that nzxt also makes power supplies that connect to cam so that's why you see the entry for the power supply.

techflame700

Commendable
Nov 30, 2018
The “power supply not connected” error is because the NZXT E series of PSUs also uses CAM to control it’s functions like the kraken but the menu is still visible to non E series users. If your cooler wasn’t getting power your CPU would overheat right after booting into Windows. Hopes this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.