[SOLVED] Compatible AIO with my setup?

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Hello, i've just built my PC and i couldn't install the AIO i bought, being specifically the NZXT Kraken Z63 and it just doesn't fit at the top.

I have the case Corsair 465X and an ATX motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B550-F. The AIO won't fit neither at the top or on the side. For now i am using the wraith cooler from my AMD R9 3900X but i am not really confident about it. Is there anything i could do or i should just buy a compatible corsair AIO?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
So these temps are okay or no?
Yes your temperatures are O.K. The maximum temp give by the manufacturer is the temperature your part can run continuously and not cause any damage. You can likely run safely at higher temperatures for short periods of time since the manufacturers recommendations will always be slightly conservative.
The stock cooler will work but the cpu will throttle if pushed. It won't damage anything.

Corsair makes good AIO's and likely to fit in your case. Look at your manual and see what will fit. It should have dimensions or the website may already tell you what will fit in that particular case.

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
The stock cooler will work but the cpu will throttle if pushed. It won't damage anything.

Corsair makes good AIO's and likely to fit in your case. Look at your manual and see what will fit. It should have dimensions or the website may already tell you what will fit in that particular case.
I am so stupid, i did not realize there was a hole on the front panel 🤦‍♂️. It should fit in there right?

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Hello, i've just mounted the AIO and i did it in an unconventional way, because i dont use all of the screws, i only use one (and it still holds on). The thing is, my pc case (corsair 465X) wasn't able to set it up properly and i had to do that, hence i did not put the fans that were included within the box, so i am using currently the pre installed fans that came with the case. The thing is, when i am playing my GPU gets like 79-80ºC (Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT) and the liquid temperature just keeps increasing and increasing. Should this happen? Should the fans be in reverse?

Thank you in advance

EDIT: The radiator is in the front of the case, not the top.
EDIT 2: No, i don't have a fan sitting in the back of the case.
EDIT 3: The fans don't make full contact with the radiator, as i said, it wouldn't fit in but it did just fit with a screw. I won't refund this AIO because i have had many problems with the postal service in my area and i lost some screws.
EDIT 4: The temps i get on the CPU on idle are as of now "57ºC with 36ºC of liquid". While gaming, before i got 61ºC max, that on a Ryzen 9 3900X on an ASUS ROG Strix B550-F motherboard. The voltage of the cores is of 1.225 (no overclock) setting the max clockspeed to 3.8GHz
EDIT 5: Here are the full specs:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
  • GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT
  • RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16x2gb 3200mhz
  • AIO: NZXT Kraken Z63
  • CASE: Corsair 465X
  • PSU: Corsair RM750 80+ Gold
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F
I won't include the storage options because i don't consider them relevants in this topic.

EDIT 6: I did undervolt the RX 5700 XT to max volts 1106 and downclocked from 2056 to 1999hz

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ehm, about the interior, i dont know, i am not proud of it xd, but i will update my components list.
Well, a picture would still help. We're just strangers on the other side of a screen. We can only work with what(info) we're given.

the liquid temperature just keeps increasing and increasing.
If at least the cooler was mounted properly, then the liquid temp should not runaway like that...
Also, you are aware that the spacing for the screws on the chassis' stock fans(120mm) is different for the Kraken Z63, which uses 140mm spacing? Remove the stock fans, they're in the way.

Should the fans be in reverse?
We don't know how you have the fans set up.

The fans don't make full contact with the radiator, as i said, it wouldn't fit in but it did just fit with a screw. I won't refund this AIO because i have had many problems with the postal service in my area and i lost some screws.
Those are problems for a number of reasons.
1)Of course not. 120mm fans radiator with 140mm fan mounts.
2)Because the fans aren't flush with the rad, do you realize that some of the air is moving out and AROUND the radiator, and not THROUGH it, like it's supposed to? That's doing nothing for the cooler.
3)If the cooler just doesn't fit, it needs to be returned. You can't 'use' it as it is, and expect reasonable thermals. IDK, that's on you.

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Hello, i have decided to refund my old NZXT Kraken Z63 because it wouldn't fit in the case and the way i did mount it was not good at all (it didn't even have the fans attached to the pump).
I was thinking about the corsair h100i RGB Platinum AIO but i am still scared it won't be compatible with my case. I will list all my specs below:

• RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16x2 3200mhz
  • Case: Corsair iCUE 465X
  • PSU: Corsair RM750 80 Plus Gold

I won't include the storage i have because i don't think it's relevant to this. Thank you in advance.

The Corsair H100i RGB Platinum will fit more than fine at the top. You could also go with it in the front or a 360mm in the front like the H150i Pro etc. Personally, keep the front free for airflow to come into the case as unhindered as possible and use the H100i Platinum installed in the top extracting.

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
The Corsair H100i RGB Platinum will fit more than fine at the top. You could also go with it in the front or a 360mm in the front like the H150i Pro etc. Personally, keep the front free for airflow to come into the case as unhindered as possible and use the H100i Platinum installed in the top extracting.

Thank you

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Hello, i have upgraded my system and i am unsure about the temperatures i am getting. I will list the PC specs

• CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism (I know, i will upgrade it soon to a Corsair h100i Platinum but for now it's all i have)
  • MotherBoard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F
  • PC Case: Corsair 465X (only 3 fans on the front)

I won't list the storages because i consider them irrelevant to this topic. If needed i will also post them.

The temperatures i get on my CPU on idle are of 50-55ºC ish and while gaming 60-65ºC ish.
The temperatures i get on my GPU as on idle are 53ºC and while gaming (with fans at 95-100%) is of almost 80ºC all the time. It goes around 75-80ºC. Also i noticed that the memory temperature is of 70-75ºC (i don't know if it's too high or if it's supposed to be like that).

I live in an island and it's summer here already, and the temperatures over here are of 28-30ºC

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Hello, before i refund this AIO cooler i would love to give it another shot but with help from experts. The thing is, i have this setup
  • RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16x2 3200mhz
  • Case: Corsair iCUE 465X
According to this list https://pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu-cooler/?compatible_with=K6848d the AIO i currently have is compatible. But where? I wasn't able to place it at the top because there's the motherboard heatpipe or whatever it is called in the middle, so there's no room for the radiator, and obviously neither for the fans if the radiator were to go in. The second thing is i tried putting it in the front (it did fit in there but not completely because i couldn't screw everything and it's not even connected to the fans. Should i just refund it and go for the h100i platinum?

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
I am still afraid that the radiator will still not be able to fit in the top. Because the AIO i have right now (nzxt kraken z63), theorically is compatible with my PC Case but it doesn't fit at the top and it doesn't go well at the front.

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
-CC-9011189-WW-Gallery-465X-WHITE-05.png

Says a 280mm rad will only fit in the front.

If you pull off the front panel, the fans will be mounted to the "outside" of the case frame, and the radiator will be mounted to the inside.

The NZXT Kraken is a 280mm Radiator so a bit wider. The Corsair is a standard 240mm AIO and the radiator should fit with absolutely no issues as it is a little less wide....

I am still afraid that the radiator will still not be able to fit in the top. Because the AIO i have right now (nzxt kraken z63), theorically is compatible with my PC Case but it doesn't fit at the top and it doesn't go well at the front.

As the picture shows you should be able to run the Z63 in the front and both the radiator and fans can be in the inside as shown in the actual picture above - Long fans screws go through the fan from the outside into the fans and to the radiator. Having the fans on the outside will cause issues with airflow as they will be much closer to the glass.

PS Wish I was at your place so I could show you live!

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
As the picture shows you should be able to run the Z63 in the front and both the radiator and fans can be in the inside as shown in the actual picture above - Long fans screws go through the fan from the outside into the fans and to the radiator. Having the fans on the outside will cause issues with airflow as they will be much closer to the glass.

PS Wish I was at your place so I could show you live!
That's what i initially thought but no, it didn't work for me (also it's my first time mounting an AIO)... I also was using the stock fans from the case. I will just refund it and go for the h100i platinum rgb, since it will fit yes or yes at the top, hopefully..

No problems at all, the Corsair 240mm in the H100i Platinum will fit at the top which is the better location any way.

Just on final try, when you try to instal the Z63 in the front are you using the NZXT fans as that would work best. Do the holes not align for the fans whilst installing internally on the front?

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
No problems at all, the Corsair 240mm in the H100i Platinum will fit at the top which is the better location any way.

Just on final try, when you try to instal the Z63 in the front are you using the NZXT fans as that would work best. Do the holes not align for the fans whilst installing internally on the front?

The holes only align in one part, which it will change depending on which part you choose.