[SOLVED] NZXT Kraken x53 Cam v4

xVirtual

Reputable
Oct 31, 2016
I have a problem with my kraken x53 cooler not showing up in the NZXT CAM application. So I cant change the color of it. Does anyone know what to do?

Solution
I did face the same issue with my Kraken X42 and I do not know whether the same solution can be applied to this version. I think most of this series coolers can be resolved using these steps. Here are the steps that I followed:
  1. From the Devices Page, select 'Detect Devices'.
  2. Make sure to exit CAM and install Kraken driver.
  3. Now restart the PC and check whether the CAM is able to recognise the cooler.
  4. If you still face problems with this, you need to go to 'View Devices and Printers' section in Control Panel. Make sure to remove the NZXT USB Device and restart the PC.
  5. Check CAM status once again.
    1. If the cooler is still not listed then you should try changing the USB cable. In some cases, a faulty cable might be...
May 4, 2020
I did face the same issue with my Kraken X42 and I do not know whether the same solution can be applied to this version. I think most of this series coolers can be resolved using these steps. Here are the steps that I followed:
  1. From the Devices Page, select 'Detect Devices'.
  2. Make sure to exit CAM and install Kraken driver.
  3. Now restart the PC and check whether the CAM is able to recognise the cooler.
  4. If you still face problems with this, you need to go to 'View Devices and Printers' section in Control Panel. Make sure to remove the NZXT USB Device and restart the PC.
  5. Check CAM status once again.
    1. If the cooler is still not listed then you should try changing the USB cable. In some cases, a faulty cable might be the reason.
  6. Once the cable is changed, shut down the system, and insert the USB cable on to a different header. Just try connecting direct on to the motherboard USB port and not on any external hub.
  7. Shut off the PC and PSU for around 10 to 30 seconds and then turn it back on to check the CAM status.

Solution