Question NZXT Kraken X62 280mm vs Corsair Hydro Series H115i RGB Platinum 280mm

hopkins802

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
Hey all,

I've heard good things about both of these. I run a 10920x, which tends to run hot, so I need to crank my fans up , so I'm looking for a fairly quiet system. Has anyone tested both of these cooling systems? If so, can you speak to the real world noise levels, and to the software integration of both of them?

Thank you,
Dan

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Both are likely Asetek AIOs, so pick the one you like most. I've tested all the AIOs on Tom's Hardware for the last 3 years.

It is unlikely you can run an AIO on a hot CPU and make sure it runs quietly, at least if you are running synthetic benchmarks.

The review on the new NZXT Kraken should be out tomorrow. Might check that out.

hopkins802

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
Both are likely Asetek AIOs, so pick the one you like most. I've tested all the AIOs on Tom's Hardware for the last 3 years.

It is unlikely you can run an AIO on a hot CPU and make sure it runs quietly, at least if you are running synthetic benchmarks.

So you're saying they're both pretty much the same? In that case, any idea which one runs more quietly, and which one's software is better? I'm able to control my current Corsair cooler in my BIOS, is the Kraken able to be controlled / tweaked there as well?

asetekdennis

Prominent
Jan 4, 2019

Just to clarify
The NZXT Krakens are made by Asetek (except m22) and the Corsair H115i Platinum is made by CoolIT.

Elfunia

Honorable
Sep 30, 2014
Maybe some update if you chose one? I am looking into both. Seems corsair has magnetic levitation fans. Which by theory should be more quiet. Also just by small small percentage in moves more air at same rpm.
For me i like pump esthetics better on kraken.
But they should include rgb fans at that price range. Also there is quite a bit amazon and newegg and other reviews that says to stay away from cam software. I kinda wonder is those people only had bad samples?
Anyone could share their experiences if they bought or has one of models ?

hopkins802

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
Maybe some update if you chose one? I am looking into both. Seems corsair has magnetic levitation fans. Which by theory should be more quiet. Also just by small small percentage in moves more air at same rpm.
For me i like pump esthetics better on kraken.
But they should include rgb fans at that price range. Also there is quite a bit amazon and newegg and other reviews that says to stay away from cam software. I kinda wonder is those people only had bad samples?
Anyone could share their experiences if they bought or has one of models ?

i went with a fractal design s36 instead. I wanted just pure performance over anything flashy.