nzxt Kraken x62 aiowith corsair ML140 radiator fans and corsair ML120 case fans

kappisto

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
Simple question, how to connect all of this together:

Kraken x62 https://www.amazon.com/RL-KRX62-02-Cooling-Software-Controlled-Lighting/dp/B06XX8Q1CL/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1529938886&sr=1-1&keywords=nzxt+kraken+x62+rev+2
2x corsair ML140 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076VLCCPY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
3x corsair ML120 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076VD725X/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
x1 RGB lighting hub

x1 Lighting Node PRO

biggest issue i can think off, from kraken u got a cable with 4 heads for fans, but how you connect the corsairs in ?

You connect the fan into the lighting hub into node PRO then to kraken or ?? I think you get the point what im woried about.

kappisto

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
if i do that the fans will be controled not by CAM but by corsair icue software right? i wanted to know if you need to plug them to the kraken or if u can do it like you said.
kraken pump CAM
corsair fans icue even those on rad

ameyer75

Reputable
May 17, 2017
Ah. I misunderstood. So.. you *can* plug the radiator fans into the hub, but the motherboard will not be able to change the fan speeds to adjust for CPU temp, so it may effect the Kraken's ability to keep the CPU cool. You can try it first and see what your temps look like. If your CPU stays under 75C under max load, I'd say you're fine to leave the fans plugged into the hub.

If you end up needing to plug the radiator fans directly into the motherboard to help with cooling, you can try to change the coloring with Corsair's software. I'm not entirely sure if it will recognize the fans if they aren't plugged into the hub/lighting node. You have to try it and let me know.

Either way, please respond to let others know what you did!

kappisto

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
from what ive discovered, those corsair ML fans have 2 cables 1 PWM and 1 for rgb, so i think you can hook up the PWN cable anywhere for mine example into the kraken header and control them via CAM and the RGB cable into Lightning node pro and control the rbg with the corsair software, it might be tricky but i dont see what i wont work, i will test it when they arrive and let you know

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
I just got the LL140's yesterday. If the ones you are looking at are the same you are correct.

They have a 4-pin cable for controlling the fan and an RGB cable for the lighting.

You should be able to plug the PWM cable into the pump without issue. But you will need a Lighting Node and the RGB Hub. Each RGB hub controls up to 6 fans and each Lighting Node Pro controls up to 2 RGB hubs, so up to 12 fans per Node.

The Hub and Node both require SATA power and the Lighting Node requires a free USB 2.0 header. I had to get extra hardware to install mine.

But I control my fans (but not the rad fans) with AI Suite 3, and I control the RGB for all the fans, the pump (H115i OG) and rad fans with iCUE. It has worked very well for me thus far. It is a bit unintuitive but it works well for my needs.

It's pretty stupid but you do need BOTH of those to control the lighting. But hey its a big step up from their HD fans which you could only change with a remote :D

The big plus side is the lighting and fan speed are 100% separate. My old LED blue fans if the fans were off, so was the lighting, and also got brighter or darker depending on how fast the fans were spinning. These don't do that. The LL140's are also surprisingly better than my ML140 Pro's... They spin up slightly faster at the same noise level (ML140's would only go up to about 600 before I could hear them, the LL140's go up to 800) and they are quieter even when spun up more. I need to do more testing as well but I think they have higher static pressure as well. Even at 600rpm it kept my CPU temp under 85C on torture loads, whereas the ML140's would spin up to about 1400RPM and only managed to keep it under 80C.

Someone did a legit test and they said the LL140's kept their H110i 10C cooler than the stock fans. Might be worth looking into as well. They look absolutely fantastic. Pictures really don't do it justice.