Question NZXT Kraken x62 CPU_FAN 1?

Sep 18, 2019
Hey, guys!

I've bought NZXT H500i and NZXT Kraken x62. The temperatures are great! I mean... they dropped with around 20-30 celsius from my Noctua U12S.
The thing that bothers me is ... are all fans attached to the radiator working? How can I understand?
In CAM it says Case Fan 1 - 0 RPM, Case Fan 2 - Working, Case Fan 3 - Working, Kraken Fan 1 - Working, Kraken Pump - Working
I haven't inserted anything in CPU_FAN 1 slot. is that a mistake or? I've watched few installation guides and none of them inserted the 4 pin cable in the CPU_FAN 1 slot. I've put the two fans into a 4 and 3 pin connectors... is that a mistake? And should I insert the 4 pin connector in the motherboard?
All I did is to connect the pump to usb 2.0 and to SATA cable.
THanks!

Edit: Also when I start a game, the fans are going crazy, after that... they go down... and again go super fast and again super slow. I know that this is for keeping the temperature low but it's kind a strange.

The user manual for that cooler SPECIFICALLY says to "Connect the 3-pin connector on the power cable set to the 4-pin CPU_FAN connector on the motherboard" and then to "Connect the fan cable to the first fan connector on the power cable set with 4 pins. Use the remaining fan connectors as needed "

I would suggest you thoroughly read the user manual here:

https://sta3-nzxtcorporation.netdna...678/Kraken_X42X52X62X72-manual-092818-web.pdf

Sep 18, 2019
The user manual for that cooler SPECIFICALLY says to "Connect the 3-pin connector on the power cable set to the 4-pin CPU_FAN connector on the motherboard" and then to "Connect the fan cable to the first fan connector on the power cable set with 4 pins. Use the remaining fan connectors as needed "

I would suggest you thoroughly read the user manual here:

https://sta3-nzxtcorporation.netdna...678/Kraken_X42X52X62X72-manual-092818-web.pdf

I've done it. I connected the 3-pin connector on the power cable to the 4 pin CPU_FAN connecter on the motherboard. Also I did the fans connection as it's shown on the manual. Still the Case Fan 1 is not shown in CAM. However, in SpeedFan now it shows CPU Fan (after I connected it) but the rest of the fans not.
Interesting issue.
Also it seems that when CAM is not started, the fans are running at full speed. :(