[SOLVED] NZXT Kraken X62 Radiator fans not working

Isaac99

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2014
Hi there

My radiator fans on my Kraken are not working at the moment. I was playing Warzone earlier and my computer randomly just froze. I turned the pc off and when it turned back on, I received a 'CPU Fan Error'. I had a look inside and realised the radiator fans were not spinning. I have triple checked all the connections as well...not sure where to go from here.
My CPU was also currently overclocked to 5.1ghz.

Here are my specs:

i7 9700k
GTX 2080 Super
Asus Z390-F
16GB DDR4 3200

Solution
Your fan header may have died for some reason. You could try and plug your fans into a different fan header and then go into the bios and go to advanced settings, look for the monitoring section and just change the cpu fan speed to ignore and your system should boot just fine and as long as you fans are back up and running it shouldnt cause you any problems.
Mar 20, 2020
Your fan header may have died for some reason. You could try and plug your fans into a different fan header and then go into the bios and go to advanced settings, look for the monitoring section and just change the cpu fan speed to ignore and your system should boot just fine and as long as you fans are back up and running it shouldnt cause you any problems.

Solution

Isaac99

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2014

Plugged them into different headers, when the pc turned on, the fans turned on as well but they sounded like a jet engine and the temperatures were at 97 degrees..

Mar 20, 2020
Plugged them into different headers, when the pc turned on, the fans turned on as well but they sounded like a jet engine and the temperatures were at 97 degrees..
make sure they are 4 pin pwm fan headers and you should be able to use whatever software youre using to set the fan curve to your liking