[SOLVED] NZXT kraken x62 vrs Noctua D-15 S for cooling the i9-9900k?

laughygiraffy

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
Man, I really love the infinity mirror on the kraken. If it weren't for the infinity mirror I feel like I would go with the Noctua in a heartbeat, but I love how it looks, and I'm a builder who really cares about aesthetics. I know the i9-9900k gets hot and I was wondering if I could get a second opinion from anyone here who has used 280mm AIOs and Noctuas in the past. I wonder which would be better for my situation. I don't plan on overclocking the i9 to 5 GHz — maybe 4-4.2 GHz. I would have gone with the 360mm AIO but the case I purchased, NZXT h500 elite only can hold a 280mm or 240mm max. Should I sacrifice looks for performance?

Solution
Man, I really love the infinity mirror on the kraken. If it weren't for the infinity mirror I feel like I would go with the Noctua in a heartbeat, but I love how it looks, and I'm a builder who really cares about aesthetics. I know the i9-9900k gets hot and I was wondering if I could get a second opinion from anyone here who has used 280mm AIOs and Noctuas in the past. I wonder which would be better for my situation. I don't plan on overclocking the i9 to 5 GHz — maybe 4-4.2 GHz. I would have gone with the 360mm AIO but the case I purchased, NZXT h500 elite only can hold a 280mm or 240mm max. Should I sacrifice looks for performance?
Personally I hate how air coolers look and the 9900k is no joke. I use a Kraken x63 and...
Personally I hate how air coolers look and the 9900k is no joke. I use a Kraken x63 and love it. Both will do what you want, it really comes down to aesthetics.

Solution