[SOLVED] NZXT Kraken X63, what’s the point?

Aprillion

Prominent
Dec 22, 2020
Hello!

I’ve just bought a Kraken X63 aio cooler for my new build.
The reason was because I love the design.
I just found out that this product is too illogical for me to use, does anyone else has the same problem?

I always thought the reason for RGB in a pc case is because you can sync them together.
Then why does NZXT thinks it’s logical to make their RGB only usable with their own software?

I can understand that MSI and Asus etc do this, because they make motherboards and stuff.
But this Kraken X63 is unable to sync with RGB Ram NOTHING, because NZXT got no mobo’s, controllers anything that makes it useable in a RGB build..

I can only imagine that 99% of the people that has a NZXT product have this same problem.
So anybody got tips?
Is there a cooler with the same performance and looks?
Because the best thing for me to do now is to return the product, which is sad because I wanted this design for quite some time now.

Solution
Well, all the companies are effectively doing this. Trying to lock you into one product series.

You should pick your RGB based on your motherboard if you want to use that software to control it.

Aprillion

Prominent
Dec 22, 2020
Well, all the companies are effectively doing this. Trying to lock you into one product series.

You should pick your RGB based on your motherboard if you want to use that software to control it.

Yes I know, therefor I got everything compatible with Mystic light.
But just wanted to be sure if NZXT would be so dumb.
Because they make products that aren’t compatible with 99% of the consumers.
oh well

Got any tips on a 280mm aio cooler that looks nice and performs well either?