Question Nzxt kraken z63 cpu fan error

Sep 17, 2022
Hi all,

not to long ago I did some upgrades to my pc, upgrading to a ryzen 7 3700x and a nzxt kraken z63. Every time I booted it up, it would give me the cpu fan error so I unplugged it and tried again. Same thing. I tried re-positioning the pump and still not better. I just skipped past it and when straight to setup. I check on the fan setting and see that the cpu fan is running, but nothing else is. The problem with the cpu fan is that the rpm goes from ~60 rpm —> ~130 rpm —> ~ 320 rpm —> 2,080 rpm. Also the display just flashes white once about every 5-10 seconds (sometimes more). Does anyone know what is going on? I bought the cpu off of eBay and the AIO was an Amazon warehouse deal. Can anyone help me?

thank you!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'd update the bios to latest and reinstall windows. Bios often has an annoying habit of retaining settings for the old cpu if the settings fall within acceptable ranges, but acceptable isn't optimal. Windows will often do the same, trying to treat the new cpu like it's the old one. You'll also want Cam software installed.

Have 4x sets of wires on the pump. The fan connectors go to fans, the Sata goes to power, the single fan cable goes to cpu_fan header and USB to a 2.0 USB header. Cam will control pump speed and fan speeds, setup for cpu temp or coolant temp.

Last edited:
I'd update the bios to latest and reinstall windows. Bios often has an annoying habit of retaining settings for the old cpu if the settings fall within acceptable ranges, but acceptable isn't optimal. Windows will often do the same, trying to treat the new cpu like it's the old one.
that aio is externaly powered, flashing can mean bad power delivery, could be also usb issue..hard to tell, but google shows similar results

for op, try unplugging USB cable, just to see if its not usb related