Question NZXT Kraken Z63 Radiator Fans Not spinning

Aug 4, 2020
Hi, I’m experiencing issues with my NZXT Kraken Z63 cooler. The pump and the LCD screen work just fine but the radiator fans just dont spin. When I turn on the computer, on my motherboard, I get a red light on the CPU thing. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Specs:
Intel i7-10700k
ASUS RTX 2060
Rog Strix Z490-A
Corsair CX650M 650W PSU

Did you double check that the fans are properly plugged into the right headers on the motherboard?

It looks like the Pump header is on the left side just above the top PCIE slot, and the CPU fan headers are on the top above the RAM slots, labeled CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT. Make sure the fans are plugged in there and not in any of the CHA_FAN headers. If plugging into both slots isn't working, try using a splitter to get both fans on the CPU_FAN header, or vice versa if you're already using a splitter.

The red light on the CPU boot lights means it hasn't booted, and it looks like in this case, it's most likely due to the CPU fan(s) not being detected. The CPU will be forced by the motherboard to not boot unless a fan is plugged into the right header.

Aug 4, 2020
Did you double check that the fans are properly plugged into the right headers on the motherboard?

It looks like the Pump header is on the left side just above the top PCIE slot, and the CPU fan headers are on the top above the RAM slots, labeled CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT. Make sure the fans are plugged in there and not in any of the CHA_FAN headers. If plugging into both slots isn't working, try using a splitter to get both fans on the CPU_FAN header, or vice versa if you're already using a splitter.

The red light on the CPU boot lights means it hasn't booted, and it looks like in this case, it's most likely due to the CPU fan(s) not being detected. The CPU will be forced by the motherboard to not boot unless a fan is plugged into the right header.
There are splitters that come with the AIO that you’re supposed to plug the fans into, those didn’t work. When I plug the fans into the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT headers, the fans run at 100% speed. But when I boot up the computer, the CPU is at 95+ degrees. Also when I check NZXT CAM, it says that the NZXT Kraken Z63 pump and fans are running at 0 RPM

Sep 15, 2022
There are splitters that come with the AIO that you’re supposed to plug the fans into, those didn’t work. When I plug the fans into the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT headers, the fans run at 100% speed. But when I boot up the computer, the CPU is at 95+ degrees. Also when I check NZXT CAM, it says that the NZXT Kraken Z63 pump and fans are running at 0 RPM
Did you find a way to solve this problem? I'm having the same problem :((