[SOLVED] nzxt n7 B550 & ryzen 7 5800x3d

Nov 1, 2022
I have an nzxt n7 b550 with an ryzen 3600 atm.

i just got my ryzen 7 5800x3d but after instaling it into my motherboard i gat en VGA and BOOT red licht and so it wont post. i have no idea why.

im on bios version P1.70 from NZXT.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Wnat to know something odd, although you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, which is P1.70(considering it's a rebadaged ASRock B550 chipset motherboard), your motherboard doesn't seem to show the Ryzen 7 5800X3D in their CPU's support list;
https://www.datocms-assets.com/34299/1664936147-nzxt-n7-b550-cpu-support-list_220602.pdf

I wish you read through the CPU support list prior to buying that processor...or asked first then bought it after confirmation that it'll work with your board.

Nov 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Wnat to know something odd, although you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, which is P1.70(considering it's a rebadaged ASRock B550 chipset motherboard), your motherboard doesn't seem to show the Ryzen 7 5800X3D in their CPU's support list;
https://www.datocms-assets.com/34299/1664936147-nzxt-n7-b550-cpu-support-list_220602.pdf

I wish you read through the CPU support list prior to buying that processor...or asked first then bought it after confirmation that it'll work with your board.

Strange there are multiple people saying it does work.

Lutfij

Titan
Did a bit of digging on the matter, P1.70;
=====================(N7 B550 - P1.70)=======================
BIOS Version: P1.70
BIOS Release Date: 06/02/2022
=============================================================
Release Notes:
- Update AMD AGESA PI to ComboAM4v2 1.2.0.7.
=============================================================
Instructions:
  1. Close all other applications.
  2. Extract file to a secure location on your PC.
  3. Run ASROM.exe. Click Yes to accept UAC.
  4. For this version, Check RomLayout will report Fail but type 'Y' to proceed.
  5. The system will automatically restart and enter Instant Flash to complete the process.
Note: Do not shut down the PC when programming is being processed. Your
system may power cycle a few times after the BIOS update. You will need to
disable AMD fTPM within the BIOS(Advanced>CPU Configuration>AMD fTPM switch)
to run the update.
So with that A.G.E.S.A code you should be good to go with that processor. Try and clear the CMOS and see if that changes anything.

Could you please state the specs to your current build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Nov 1, 2022
Did a bit of digging on the matter, P1.70;

So with that A.G.E.S.A code you should be good to go with that processor. Try and clear the CMOS and see if that changes anything.

Could you please state the specs to your current build like so:
CPU:ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: nzxt n7 b550
Ram:Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200
SSD/HDD: m.2 samsung 970 1 tb
GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING OC 12G
PSU:750 watt
Chassis:h510nzxt

Lutfij

Titan
750W is the advertised wattage of the PSU, we have no way of identifying what PSU you have by looking at the advertised wattage. Please mention the make and model of the unit and it's age. Is this an NZXT prebuilt system?

Nov 1, 2022
750W is the advertised wattage of the PSU, we have no way of identifying what PSU you have by looking at the advertised wattage. Please mention the make and model of the unit and it's age. Is this an NZXT prebuilt system?

No I build it. Psu Corsair tx750m. And it's like 1.5 years old

Lutfij

Titan
P1.7 has the A.G.E.S.A code you're asking about, I mentioned it above, with the release notes of the BIOS you're currently on. Does the platform go back to normal when you replace the old CPU into the socket? I'd try and move the GPU onto the lower PCIe slot and see if things change.

Nov 1, 2022
P1.7 has the A.G.E.S.A code you're asking about, I mentioned it above, with the release notes of the BIOS you're currently on. Does the platform go back to normal when you replace the old CPU into the socket? I'd try and move the GPU onto the lower PCIe slot and see if things change.
Yeah when is try my old cpu everything work fine.

Amma try and place the gpu lower and try a different gpu.

Nov 1, 2022
Yeah when is try my old cpu everything work fine.

Amma try and place the gpu lower and try a different gpu.
I got my pc working with the 5800x3d. I swapt the gpu to the lower slot and used 1 ram stich and a had a post. After I installed everything back in place like before and it's work fine.

TRENDING THREADS