NZXT Paints H440 Black With Blue, Green or Orange Accents

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Damn it!! I really did not want to buy this case, I looked for every reason not to buy it but now they released the black and blue version i have to buy it!!!

Looks like its time to sell my Storm Scout 2 and do a NZXT build.

ronnietse

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
Damn it!! I really did not want to buy this case, I looked for every reason not to buy it but now they released the black and blue version i have to buy it!!!

It has no optical drive bays. #notbuyingit

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

It has no optical drive bays. #notbuyingit

Um, I have a case now with 3 optical drive bays, guess how many of them I use? None.
My last case, the HAF 912 had 4 optical drive bays. Guess how many I used? None!

Point is, I have not used an optical drive since 2007 and many other out there stop using them way before me. Even when I build my recent computer I installed Windows 7 using a thumb drive, way faster than a CD and much more easier. All my fans were controlled by Corsair Link so no need for a external fan controller.

If I users wanted optical bays they would have brought the NZXT H630. Not everyone wants optical bays, and judging how fast this case sold out when it was released allot of people do not want optical bays.

This may not be the case for you, and that's cool,

lp231

Splendid

Microsoft only sells their OS on a DVD disc, and not on a USB flash drive. So why don't you share with everyone here, how did you managed to get your Windows 7 onto a USB flash drive, when you don't use any optical drives?
If you say you've download it, then how can you download when there is NO OS on your computer in the first place, since Windows 7 is only sold on a DVD disc?
I doubt you don't have any optical drive, must have on laying around some where or else it would be impossible even get the OS to install, let alone copy it to a USB flash drive.
Also Windows 7 went to RTM in 2009 and you've stop using a optical drive since 2007? This does make any sense.
For the case, looks nice, but I wouldn't sacrifice functionality for the the sake of looks. They can add a slim 5.25" bay for slot loading drives, and have the disc come out on the top of the case where the USB ports are.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
People are so dumb.

I just did a build with the red and black one.

I hooked up my dvd drive to install office/photoshop/elements/lightroom.

Put it away when i was done.

Your big OMG NO 5.25SSSSSSSS argument is old. Get with the times!

Mac266

Honorable
Mar 12, 2014

Bully for you! Now watch a DVD on it!

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

Microsoft only sells their OS on a DVD disc, and not on a USB flash drive. So why don't you share with everyone here, how did you managed to get your Windows 7 onto a USB flash drive, when you don't use any optical drives?
If you say you've download it, then how can you download when there is NO OS on your computer in the first place, since Windows 7 is only sold on a DVD disc?
I doubt you don't have any optical drive, must have on laying around some where or else it would be impossible even get the OS to install, let alone copy it to a USB flash drive.
Also Windows 7 went to RTM in 2009 and you've stop using a optical drive since 2007? This does make any sense.
For the case, looks nice, but I wouldn't sacrifice functionality for the the sake of looks. They can add a slim 5.25" bay for slot loading drives, and have the disc come out on the top of the case where the USB ports are.

Simple,

If you have access to Microsoft TechNet before it was discontinued, you could have downloaded the Windows 7 ISO. Microsoft even provides a tool to load bootable ISOs onto a USB for you to install Windows.

When I was on Windows Vista, I downloaded the ISO from Microsoft TechNet, and made a bootable USB. I later downloaded the Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool from Microsoft that makes the process even easier, and now I have windows on a stick Swap my main HDD and boot from USB.

TechNet is cheap when you get a group of friends to pool your money together and buy a subscription because they give you multiple license keys for each product.

If you do not have an OS on your machine and your are starting from square 1 then get an external USB CD ROM because after you load Windows from that disc that drive will get little to no usage.....

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
How am I rich a asshole? You consider that rich? When did this get personal?

Its simple. Either you need optical or you don't. This case is not for you if you do so why do people feel the need to share their opinion on a product that's not aimed at them? I don't get it.

Ive had a optical drive in my previous builds and used it 3 times and that was to burn stuff for my old uncle.

Its like me talking how crap about a coupe when I have a family. I cant fit my family in that whaa whaa whaa. You see how dumb that logic is?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Im on a budget. I can't justify to my family blowin. $50 on a game. $5... Sure, easy. I played elder scrolls, the original, off 8x 3.5" floppys. The game that I just bought for $5? Oblivion. On disc. Behind the times? Oh hell yes I am, proud of it. Maybe one day I'll get BF4, but only if its $5....and on disc.

Mac266

Honorable
Mar 12, 2014

nah youll keep mate :p

Mac266

Honorable
Mar 12, 2014

so what you have to do is get a complicated system on another computer, dowload the whole thing and then change the boot sequence. or buy an external optical drive and use that. if it will install its drivers when there is no OS. yeah.... ill stick with 5.25 drives i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.