[SOLVED] NZXT Phantom 410 Case Radiator question

richard203

Distinguished
May 28, 2015
hi i was wondering where can i mount a radiator in the phantom 410 case? im planning to install the evga hybird cooler for my 3090 and was wondering where can i mount it at.

Solution
Err, what do you mean by the hybrid cooler works?
Are you talking about where you can fit it? It fits at the top of the Phantom 410, according to the manual.

Or are you talking about whether the 240mm radiator is enough for a 3090?
That card allows 420w(450w max) total board power, whether you're using the quiet, normal, or OC bios.
The hybrid's cold plate covers both the gpu die and the Vram on the 'topside' of the PCB.
The single fan is there to cool the VRM, as well as move air through the rest of the shroud.

The fans will get pretty audible on you without a custom fan curve, so make use of Precision X.

Ralston18

Titan
New build?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

That said, if there already is a question or problem with mounting the radiator then something is wrong.

Where you can mount the radiator is a matter of the applicable installation documentation for the cooler, the case, and the overall build.

Fan placement is important. If air does not flow then the location of the radiator is moot.

You must read all of the installation documentation including fine print, warnings, cautions, etc.. Many documents will refer you back to the applicable manufacturer's website for more "up-to-date" information.

There should be no need for drilling holes, bending metal, splicing wires,or otherwise making physical alterations to any component.

If holes do not align, if something sags (GPU), or a RAM slot get covered - then that is a flag that things are not right.

You must plan out the installation step by step and verify that all components will fit in and be located to ensure proper airflow and cooling.

Details matter.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Are you talking about where you can fit it? It fits at the top of the Phantom 410, according to the manual.

That card allows 420w(450w max) total board power, whether you're using the quiet, normal, or OC bios.
The hybrid's cold plate covers both the gpu die and the Vram on the 'topside' of the PCB.
The single fan is there to cool the VRM, as well as move air through the rest of the shroud.

The fans will get pretty audible on you without a custom fan curve, so make use of Precision X.

Solution

richard203

Distinguished
May 28, 2015

ya i was asking if the 240 fit the phantom 410. thanks again

Reactions: Phaaze88