NZXT Releases Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
My brother has the current Sentry Mix. It's not a bad controller, but it's not amazing either. It's pretty straightforward. Would personally like a fan controller that provides a little more information.

I own an original Sentry Mix and it is a great fan controller, I wondered why it was disappearing from the market but thankfully its now being replaced.
Though a big draw of the original was it could provide 50W per channel, now that its 30W per channel what makes it unique in any way? PWM is kind of a wasted feature considering that with manual sliders you cant get exact control anyway.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

Although I agree the drop from 50W per channel to 30W per channel is a bit disappointing I don't think the addition of PWM is a waste. The original only supported 3-pin fans out of the box and would need to be modded by cutting the plastic around the fan connectors to fit 4-pin fans. Many great fans, such as several Noctua models and Corsair's fans, are 4-pin connectors and would not work without modding the original Sentry Mix. PWM is awesome for allowing a motherboard to control fan speeds dynamically and many high-end fans use PWM because of that. I think it's great to see NZXT allow users to use a traditional fan controller with those high end fans natively.

Status
Not open for further replies.