NZXT Reveals its Cheapest Phantom Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I've had the original Phantom for years and it's my fav case ever owned. When I build a new PC, I don't even bother with other cases, I just recycle my Phantom. It's built very well, awesome wire management space, very roomy, easy to keep cool, lots of fan options, and just sexy. I love when friends come over and see it for the first time. NZXT has never let me down in terms of cases and IMO they're more innovative amongs their case line than most other more matured companies out there.

Why did I bother writing about my Phantom when it's not the model in the article? Because I love my case. :)

cracklint

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
Really wish they would list the gauge metal used in these enclosures in the specs. I gotten burnt on a Rosewill challenger based on a Tom's recommendation, only to find its cheapness didn't only pertain to the pricing.

the case looks good. the cooler clearance is just a teensy bit low. i don't think that a cm hyper 212 class cooler will fit. then again, the side window and top 140mm mounts point to aio liquid coolers and water cooling.

ratchet256

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
I've had the original Phantom for years and it's my fav case ever owned. When I build a new PC, I don't even bother with other cases, I just recycle my Phantom. It's built very well, awesome wire management space, very roomy, easy to keep cool, lots of fan options, and just sexy. I love when friends come over and see it for the first time. NZXT has never let me down in terms of cases and IMO they're more innovative amongs their case line than most other more matured companies out there.

Why did I bother writing about my Phantom when it's not the model in the article? Because I love my case. :)

I just got the Red edition! Damn it's sexy, the best looking case I've ever seen. Also great functionality, good airflow, cable managment etc. I doubt I'll ever need a new case ^_^

Also, I wish there were more red cases, even NZXT aren't making their cases in red anymore :****(. White and Black are SOOO BOOOORING!!!!

I like NZXT cases, but this one doesn't include many of the things that make the more expensive model great other than the removable drive bays, room behind the drive-tray for cable management and the look. This one won't fit the larger air coolers, but would be fine with something like an H80. If the included hardware and holes are drilled well in this less-expensive model, it would make for a cool-looking gaming case.

patcsu

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
It's like they gave their cheapest case their ugliest acceptable design on purpose. The curved humps remind me of something organic and not something of intelligent design for use in an industrial environment like say, a computer, and do not contrast well with the straight lines or any other part of the case that still had to retain the look of a conventional PC chassis to have any of its original function. We have long since used right angles for a reason, and that is because you can fit things into the actual space that requires resources to manufacture! People on a budget are likely looking for functionality and value anyway, and not peripheral plastic and window showing off an AMD stock cooler and OEM motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.