NZXT S340 new Case Fans

Dec 26, 2014
Hello,
Lately i have been encountering a little thermal issues in my build.(Made in Jan 2017). Thus I've decided to purchase new fans. The ones which i own now are 2 stock fans and 2 cheap noname fans from SilentiumPC. Which fans should i purchase for case and what fan could be good for CM hyper 212 eve cpu cooler?

Solution
Ok, so checking the manual for that board shows that they are all four pin fan headers. It only shows that there are three system fan headers though. There are additional fan headers but those are for the CPU and watercooling. You will likely need to get a fan splitter cable to run two of the four fans off one of the system fan headers. It will need to be a four pin fan splitter cable.

I'd recommend these fans based on the budget and their performance. Certainly there are a ton of other less expensive options, but these should offer you good performance and reliability and are in my opinion some of the best fans money can buy. If the color is a problem, then Noctua does make a Chromax version of these same fans in black, but they seem...
The stock CM fan on the 212 EVO is a good performer, but is not very quiet. If you want a quieter fan on there look to the Noctua NF-F12 PWM or a similar high static pressure low noise fan.

What size case fans are you looking to run, 120 or 140mm and how many? Typically you want high CFM models for exhaust and high static pressure for intake. It's a good idea to maintain a balance of intake and exhaust, or lean towards the side of negative pressure with slightly more exhaust than intake if cooling performance is preferred over dust suppression.

What sort of "thermal issues" are you having? Poor CPU temps or something else?

Dec 26, 2014

I have been having troubles with the temps on GPU reaching up to 80 degrees (RX 480 XFX GTR black edition) and I believe this sometimes causes crashes. Temps on CPU are average reaching up to 65-ish. I am looking to buy 3 140mm fans: 2 for intake 1 for exhaustion and 1 120 for exhaustion as i have read that it is always better to put a bigger fan if u have the opportunity.

Dec 26, 2014

I am from Poland.
My system specs are as followed:
GPU: rx 480 xfx gtr black editiion
CPU: i5 6600k
CPU COOLER: CM 212 EVO
RAM: Ballistix DDR4 Sport LT 16GB/2400(2*8GB)
1ST Drive: Samsung EVO 240 GB
2ND Drive: An old 1 TB harddrive
PSU: be queit pure power 9 (600W)
MOBO: GIGABYTE Gaming K3 Z170

I would say that my budget is about 100-120$

Ok, so last question. How many pins, and voltage or PWM controlled, are the headers that each of these fans needs to connect to?

Probably easier for you to just tell me since I'd have to look up the specs for your board and still might not be right as you could be using splitters or a fan hub of some kind. Just want to make sure I recommend the correct TYPE of fans for your application.

Ok, so checking the manual for that board shows that they are all four pin fan headers. It only shows that there are three system fan headers though. There are additional fan headers but those are for the CPU and watercooling. You will likely need to get a fan splitter cable to run two of the four fans off one of the system fan headers. It will need to be a four pin fan splitter cable.

I'd recommend these fans based on the budget and their performance. Certainly there are a ton of other less expensive options, but these should offer you good performance and reliability and are in my opinion some of the best fans money can buy. If the color is a problem, then Noctua does make a Chromax version of these same fans in black, but they seem to be WAY more in price compared to these, in your market at least. You can likely check some other sources for them as well though.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Case Fan: Noctua - NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan (€19.79 @ Aquatuning)
Case Fan: Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan (€21.79 @ Aquatuning)
Total: €85.16
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-29 16:53 CET+0100

If you want to find a less expensive or different option then I'd look to fans sold by Noctua, Thermalright (NOT Thermaltake), Noiseblocker, Corsair (Maglev), Cryorig, Phankteks, Scythe or Cougar. Of course, not ALL fans by those brands are great. Much like power supplies or anything else, you have to go on a model by model basis. They all have good and not so good models. Noctua is, in my opinion, far and away the best choice for case and heatsink fans, bar none.

Solution