NZXT S340 or Corsair 100r

onizukaeikichi

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2014
Hi,

I am in the process of deciding my case so I am thinking of either the NZXT S340 or Corsair 100r. The S340 has an extra fan, better cable management and looks better. The advantage 100r has is the price and more HDD bays.

However, I have concerns over the HDD cage. Based on Linus and Hardwarecanucks's review, the cage has no anti vibration (does the 100r even have that? Is that a standard?) so it might generate more noise than desired and perhaps affect HDD itself (?).

Anyone that please give some opinion on this?

naturesninja

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
I'm not sure that it matters that it isn't marketed as such. Usually, from what I have seen is it is only marketed on higher end cases. I highly doubt it will vibrate, or that the Corsair will be better or worse. I have never seen any case actually cause the HDD's to vibrate or cause extra noise, except the cheapest of junk. Another concern with the Corsair is that it has limited CPU cooler height of 150mm, which kicks out a lot of common tower coolers compatibility. The NZXT has better cable management as well, imo. But in the end get the one you like.