NZXT Sentry 2?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Spongeman131

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
I've been looking at this little fan controller and from what I see I am quite impressed. However I do have some questions that I'd like to ask, I've tried contacting NZXT but it's been a week and I haven't heard back so I'm going to try here.

1. The controller can support up to 5 fans. Is there a way to change/increase that so I can have say three fans running off of one setting for say a radiator?

2. I have never used a fan controller and am new to computer building so how do fan controllers install? Is this any different? Do they connect to the motherboard somehow?

3. It's supposed to be compatible with 4-pin molex connectors. That is for PWM fans correct?

4. Has anyone had any issues with theirs? Any complaints? What did you like about it?

5. I've seen mentioned that the controller just shuts fans off if the speed goes below 40% (since this doesn't measure in rpms). Is this true?

6. How is the heat detection. ie. how well does it respond to heat increases in terms of detection speed and what it increases the fan speeds to?

If there is a better section to ask these questions in (maybe the cooling/overclocking section) please direct me there. I would like these questions answered as fully as possible.

Thank you everyone.

Solution
If you think about it, touch screens can possibly break down over time. The touch screen might not be as sensitive or maybe it will register 1 touch as 2 or 3. A knob or switch is more robust. It's either this or that. This is all my opinion by the way. Based on what you have told me I would just get the CW611 when it comes out.

conan911

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011

conan911

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
just got one, works great. running 2 fans on one leg, no problems. installed easy enough. unless you are a super player with the big time games, it will work just fine. hope this helps?