Question NZXT Software reads constant 209

Jan 13, 2020
i have an i7 7700k with a kraken x62 and i added a few more fans to my nzxt s340 elite case and now my temps in the nzxt software constantly read 99 degrees celsius . Ive checked other reliable softwares as well and they all read the same numbers. I personally think the numbers are wrong bc my pc shouldn't be on right now if that was the case but it is way laggier now. Any suggestions? edit i put the old fans back in and same thing idle temps sitting in the 90s not sure what to do short of buying new parts which i wont do at this time

Last edited:
209f is 98.3c. Use celcius when measuring pc temperatures as it's what everyone uses.

If the pc seems laggy, it's very possible that it is reporting the correct temp. As it may be thermal throttling.

Is this load or idle? Clock speeds? Are you overclocked?

Ensure the pump is actually running. How do the tubes feel? Warm? Hot? Cold? The radiator itself?

Also include full system specs, it may be helpful in diagnosing your issue.

Try hwinfo64 and see what it reports for temp, clock speeds and voltage.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Well we can start of by not using Fahrenheit, that just confuses things, don't even know why software puts it as an option as no specs for any manufacture of any component use it, everyone agrees on the use of Celcius.

That said, 209°F = 98°C, which is way too high for any cpu usage, being just under the cpu can handle before going into major throttle/shutdown temps to prevent damage. Until this is resolved do not run the pc for any extended period.

From your description, it was running fine, then you added several more fans and now it's not.

So. Describe the fans, 3pin or 4pin, where, splitters, hubs, where is the X62 connected, where are its fans connected, USB, Sata power etc.

Reactions: Gmoney06ss
Jan 13, 2020
Well we can start of by not using Fahrenheit, that just confuses things, don't even know why software puts it as an option as no specs for any manufacture of any component use it, everyone agrees on the use of Celcius.

That said, 209°F = 98°C, which is way too high for any cpu usage, being just under the cpu can handle before going into major throttle/shutdown temps to prevent damage. Until this is resolved do not run the pc for any extended period.

From your description, it was running fine, then you added several more fans and now it's not.

So. Describe the fans, 3pin or 4pin, where, splitters, hubs, where is the X62 connected, where are its fans connected, USB, Sata power etc.
i added these fans https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KZ9MRMM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 there was a hub attached to it i added new thermal paste to my cpu and cooler and yes it was fine now my temps are obviously reading way too high

Jan 13, 2020
209f is 98.3c. Use celcius when measuring pc temperatures as it's what everyone uses.

If the pc seems laggy, it's very possible that it is reporting the correct temp. As it may be thermal throttling.

Is this load or idle? Clock speeds? Are you overclocked?

Ensure the pump is actually running. How do the tubes feel? Warm? Hot? Cold? The radiator itself?

Also include full system specs, it may be helpful in diagnosing your issue.

Try hwinfo64 and see what it reports for temp, clock speeds and voltage.
temps are all idle trying to post my hwinfo64 results but cant link to gyazo. as for the pump its vibrating other than that everything feels cold and im not too sure how to check if its running properly. All i know is my mobo is a asus b250g i have an i7 7700k, an evga geforce gtx 1070 and my ps is EVGA 600 B1, 80+ BRONZE 600W. also taking off my back panel i can feel the back of my mobo is very hot