NZXT Will 'BLD' Your Next Gaming PC, For A Price

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larmo-Ct

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
I know at some point. I'm going to want to upgrade my three desktops. The last one I purchased approximately three years ago, was built for me by a certain company. It cost me around $4000.00. I purchased one from Gateway when the original company was around, and they put the cheapest brand parts I selected into my machine. I've been back and forth, about whether I want to build my own machine, or let a company do it. On the bright side, I have a fantastic computer repair shop in my city. That has very reasonable pricing, and easy to work with. So, I can either buy the parts that I want installed in a machine, and let them do it. Or, I can buy the parts, put the machine together myself, ( as I have done before ), and if there is a problem. Take it to them, ( cradled in my arms ), and say, "Please Chaps, make my baby work!" So, buy the parts I want, try and put everything together, and if I screw up.. I have a back up, to make things okay. Yeah.. I'm lucky that way! ;-)

Larmo-Ct

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
I know at some point. I'm going to want to upgrade my three desktops. The last one I purchased approximately three years ago, was built for me by a certain company. It cost me around $4000.00. I purchased one from Gateway when the original company was around, and they put the cheapest brand parts I selected into my machine. I've been back and forth, about whether I want to build my own machine, or let a company do it. On the bright side, I have a fantastic computer repair shop in my city. That has very reasonable pricing, and easy to work with. So, I can either buy the parts that I want installed in a machine, and let them do it. Or, I can buy the parts, put the machine together myself, ( as I have done before ), and if there is a problem. Take it to them, ( cradled in my arms ), and say, "Please Chaps, make my baby work!" So, buy the parts I want, try and put everything together, and if I screw up.. I have a back up, to make things okay. Yeah.. I'm lucky that way! ;-)

Pixdawg

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
"Only an idiot..."
Some years back, I was building a fairly matched pair of PCs (me, my GF) and I used one specific game as my benchmark/target. If it could run Oblivion well, it could run any game I wanted to play then, or as it turned out, for several years after.
(oh, and I'm far from being an idiot, or inexperienced--I've been building my own since the 386, and PC gaming well before that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS