[SOLVED] NZXT Z53 temperature COMPLETELY incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
Hi,

I have an NZXT Kraken Z53 and I love it, worked like a charm for forever. But after (if I recall correctly) installing the latest NVIDIA drivers the temperature readings are off. Somehow, NZXT CAM comes to the conclusion that my GPU is running at 360 DEGREES AT IDLE. It is running at 36 degrees of course, so it seems like someting is wrong with the decimal placement of a comma in the code. The problem is that I do not have a solution and the solutions I found so far haven't worked yet.

Anyone got a fix for this?

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your motherboard? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? As for your GPU, make and model? What app are you usign to monitor your GPU temps outside of NZXT's CAM? Version of Windows 10?

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
What is the make and model of your motherboard? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? As for your GPU, make and model? What app are you usign to monitor your GPU temps outside of NZXT's CAM? Version of Windows 10?
ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING, BIOS version 2002. The GPU is an Inno3D GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Twin X2 (Swapped ASAP by a 1660 ti probs, darn silicon shortage). Other apps I use are MSI Afterburner and HWiNFO. The version of Windows 10 is 21H1.

As I write this reply I vaguely recall OC'ing my GPU with afterburner, since I got it to 1900MHz in an older system. Wanted to try that again but that could be the culprit for the current problem too.

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
Edit: I fixed it. Disabled the IDDCX adapter in devicemanager. It was screwing up the readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.