Obama Applauds Apple, Intel For U.S. Manufacturing Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasssplinter

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
So either the workers are going to get minimum wage or crapple is really going to have to make some serious sacrifices on profit margins. Of course the tards would work for minimum wage just to say that they work at crapple.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]wxj[/nom]And it turns out in fact Jeep is starting production to China.[/citation]

Like Buick, it's considered a luxury brand in China - Kudos to American cars having Mercedes/BMW status there :)

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]glasssplinter[/nom]So either the workers are going to get minimum wage or crapple is really going to have to make some serious sacrifices on profit margins. Of course the tards would work for minimum wage just to say that they work at crapple.[/citation]

wow, trolling a bit much there buddy ;)

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]I'd rather pay 5% more on goods if they are made in the U.S, we really need to become less reliant on other countries for our goods.[/citation]

Why? Match or beat the competition, if you can't quit moaning. It's not the company's fault east Asia is better for business.

rush21hit

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]I'd rather pay 5% more on goods if they are made in the U.S, we really need to become less reliant on other countries for our goods.[/citation]

And the corporations rather have your voluntary 5% to get another 10% profit by still doing it elsewhere.

Indeed, doing mass product on US is generally much more expensive than China. Salary, resources, taxes, you name it. Also, they'd have no problems with planet loving lunatics. In China, they pretty much dump their waste anywhere and nobody cares. Look at Shanghai's air!! Jesus Christ! And people live there?

So, even if they did made it to homeland, I don't think it's gonna be huge part of their entire operations. Not as big as it was on China, at least.

Still, too many unemployed people, too few job opportunities. Even with them who already has a job, they still can get their ass kicked if the company said so, regardless of their loyalty and their contribution.

Welcome to capitalism.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
[citation][nom]rush21hit[/nom]And the corporations rather have your voluntary 5% to get another 10% profit by still doing it elsewhere.Indeed, doing mass product on US is generally much more expensive than China. Salary, resources, taxes, you name it. Also, they'd have no problems with planet loving lunatics. In China, they pretty much dump their waste anywhere and nobody cares. Look at Shanghai's air!! Jesus Christ! And people live there?So, even if they did made it to homeland, I don't think it's gonna be huge part of their entire operations. Not as big as it was on China, at least.Still, too many unemployed people, too few job opportunities. Even with them who already has a job, they still can get their ass kicked if the company said so, regardless of their loyalty and their contribution.Welcome to capitalism.[/citation]

U beat me too it.

g-unit1111

Titan

They're just building a factory over there to save on shipping and import fees. Similar to how Nissan, Mercedes, VW, and Hyundai all have US based plants. It does not mean jobs will be lost.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Point of clarification, Cook wasn't sitting next to Michelle Obama - not entirely sure where he was in relation to her, but he wasn't next to her.

As for the in-sourcing, I don't really care which company it is. I don't really like Apple at all, but they might as well do as much business as they can in the US. The draw of overseas manufacturing was that these places had little in way of laws concerning working hours, pay, or rights. As that is changing over there, over here in the US seems more attractive because of the better infrastructure and ease of shipping out to other markets. Very few, if any, of these companies are doing this to be patriotic or anything like that. It's just a matter of business costs and growth potential. As noted months ago when the Apple bringing jobs o the US was announced, it was said to be one of their iMac line, which has been treading water and Apple has previously suggested was on the way out anyway.

[citation][nom]blubbey[/nom]Why? Match or beat the competition, if you can't quit moaning. It's not the company's fault east Asia is better for business.[/citation]

You didn't get my point...

I'd rather pay slightly higher costs if it means Americans get jobs.

moshenokoji

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
[citation][nom]glasssplinter[/nom]So either the workers are going to get minimum wage or crapple is really going to have to make some serious sacrifices on profit margins. Of course the tards would work for minimum wage just to say that they work at crapple.[/citation]

tards already get paid minium wage to work at crapple. They're called "The Geniuses"

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
I love publicity stunts, because if they really wanted to bring the jobs back to America, they would impose import taxes to protect American workers and at least help recover the taxes lost due to using foreign workers. Businesses only care about making more money and if they can get away it, all jobs would leave the country to maximize profits and create a new foreign market for their goods. In the US there is a 25 percent high school dropout rate overall and have around 1,500 schools with over 60% yearly dropout rate. Factory jobs used to pay well, when unemployment was really low, and provided good wages for many and not just the high school dropouts. We have fake unemployment numbers to hide the true consequences from removing the import tax. Foreign workers also do not pay taxes to your country making a fiscal crisis and higher taxes for the middle class. Not only that, but high unemployment makes salaries erode to bare minimums when you have hundreds looking for a single position. If we all had jobs, then taxes would be lower since we would not need the hidden taxes and voter approved taxes in order to keep the government afloat. If we all had jobs, our salaries would be higher in order to keep the employees and the effect of the import tax would be insignificant. Why people vote to increase the sales tax in their state when it would be better to increase the import tax (Which could be made to be distributed to the states) which would create jobs and create more revenues than a wasteful sales tax? The reason is because companies that legally buy the governments of the world (Through election and lobbyist spending) want to protect the foreign workers to maximize profits and create new markets of consumers.

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
Good job Mr President. Oh wait... You lied to us... Again.
Would be cool and all with your +500,00 manufacturing jobs gained except for the fact that since you've been in office we are still down -600,000 manufacturing jobs. Yet... Because of media and to many peoples inability to actually do a tiny bit of research. We believe these things jump on your bandwagon. *sigh*.

Here's part of my reading.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/fact-checking-the-2013-state-of-the-union-speech/2013/02/12/ce69a4e0-7589-11e2-95e4-6148e45d7adb_blog.html?wprss=rss_fact-checker

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I like in speeches Obama makes a statement that hits right on the mark. Then in reality he asks congress to do the opposite.
For instance, Obama campaigned on not detaining prisoners indefinetly. Then subsequently on not detaining US citizens without trial. In reality he pushed for a bill that gives the president the power to detain US citizens indefinetly without trial. Then just recently he has asked for the power to kill US citizens without a trial.
Now we move onto his speech where he said a smaller and smarter government is the best coarse of action. Yet he is the one who pushed the government deficits to over $1 trillion and is fighting to vehemently to get that deficit to $2 trillion while taxing the hell out of everyone.

BTW this is more good news for Right to Work states where it is not mandatory to join a union if your plant is under a union. Manufacturing has been growing in Right to Work states, and many of them enjoy higher wages than union plants. However, if you are in that blue section of the country these new jobs are not coming your way. They are going to places where the company does not have to deal with unions.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]wxj[/nom]And it turns out in fact Jeep is starting production to China.[/citation]

And? China is a new market that is also 1000s of miles away from any of their current factories because of a thing called a ocean.

Far better to build factories in China if you are going to sell those products in China.

Psssst ....

US-Jobs_Manfctrng-by-month_00_zps49006d52.jpg

Don't let silly things like facts get in the way of your rant.

Jan 1, 2001, Manufacturing Jobs: 17+ million
Jan 1, 2009, Manufacturing Jobs: 12 million

Since the end of the Great Recession, manufacturing jobs have returned to a near total of 12 million in the United States after bottoming at 11.46 million according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics

Thanks for playing!

conservatardoutragedisp.jpg

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
[citation][nom]Wisecracker[/nom]Psssst ....Don't let silly things like facts get in the way of your rant. Jan 1, 2001, Manufacturing Jobs: 17+ millionJan 1, 2009, Manufacturing Jobs: 12 millionSince the end of the Great Recession, manufacturing jobs have returned to a near total of 12 million in the United States after bottoming at 11.46 million according to the Bureau of Labor StatisticsThanks for playing![/citation]
Did I say anything about before Obama's Term? No. Wise I don't like you, Never have. Your a menace to these forums and rarely help anyone as a matter a fact I feel that your only purpose here is to piss people off and stir up the pot. With that said.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES3000000001?data_tool=XGtable
It's still declining, Hes improved nothing except public speaking skills.
PS. Calling people Conservative, Liberal, Republican, Demo, or w/e off of one statement is about as half brained as it gets. Sure wished I knew you in real life.

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
With over 100 billion in cash spending 100 million to bring some jobs to the US isn't even a blip on their radar. It seemed a bit premature to showcase Apple in this speech. The company could have done a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.