Obama Is First US President To Write Computer Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

venym

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
"Obama did not complete a full hour of the tutorials"

Another person giving credit to this guy for half-assing something. How is this even an article?

burmese_dude

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Bush actually claimed to be the first president ever to write a computer code.

Unfortunately, nobody had the heart to tell him he was inputting #s on a calculator, for they fear Cheney will torture them.

FlayerSlayer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
He only wrote "...a couple lines of JavaScript" is all? That's pretty weak. So he's NOT the first president to write code. He's just another president showing up at a photo op. This is like a president symbolically breaking ground by shoveling one scoop of dirt getting credit for "doing construction work."

Justin Crapola

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
"Another person giving credit to this guy for half-assing something. How is this even an article?"

Ah, the old "I hate Obama" crowd. Not that I think he's a great president. But, you complaint here is irrational. His purpose in even participating is to encourage CHILDREN to participate in the program. You don't think he's actually looking for a new job do you? Thus you don't really expect him to be sitting down at the computer for the entire hour and do the exercises do you really? Hell, if I was doing it, I wouldn't either. I would encourage the children and probably do a little myself so that the children can see I was participating.

And the point of the article was primarily to show that Obama is encouraging the program. And, the fact that Obama did happen to write a couple of lines of code and be the first President to do so, albeit meager, is something of an attention getting headline. Which is what articles do.

In other words, instead of just hating Obama, try to actually read the article and understand its purpose. Sheesh.

G

In other pictures, he's shown wearing a baseball cap while sitting at the table. How rude.

Omega1963

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014
Yes, it was done to show kids that "learning to code isn't as difficult as most people might think". What a waste of time.

It's a shame he didn't host an "Hour of Get Up Off Your Asses", where it might get kids to excercise. But then again, that might keep them from dying from heart attacks and diabeties.

Omega1963

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014
Yes, it was done to show kids that "learning to code isn't as difficult as most people might think". What a waste of time.

It's a shame he didn't host an "Hour of Get Up Off Your Asses", where it might get kids to excercise. But then again, that might keep them from dying from heart attacks and diabeties.

Omega1963

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
When Barry and I were in highschool we had what I recall was either an Imsai or IBM mini with four TTYs connected to it. I programed in Basic and Assembler. The course was an elective so I'm not sure if he took it. A number of students also programed on the HP programmable calculators - I think the HP 21 or something like that...

Perhaps he should learn some more code to truly understand how taxpayers got ripped off when they spent over $300 million dollars for a healthcare website i could have built myself working 40 hours for 3 weeks. I

thelastdonut

Reputable
Dec 9, 2014
The hate is strong with this crowd jeez, it could be an article about Obama saving a group of kids from a burning building and there will still be complaints

Justin Crapola

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
"It's a shame he didn't host an "Hour of Get Up Off Your Asses", where it might get kids to excercise. But then again, that might keep them from dying from heart attacks and diabeties"

Uh, you do know that Michelle Obama has been trying to encourage healthy children, and she's gotten crap for that too. I'm not exactly an Obama fan. But, the Obama haters are just completely unreasonable. If Obama cured cancer people would find something to complain about.

BobRoberts363

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
Hate? Maybe that is the wrong word, loathe, a gut wrenching physical urge to vomit when presented with the mere mention of his name, detest, abhor, execrate, revulsion, detest, disgust . Ya I think that about sums it up Why is a political advert on Tom's is "most poplular" rated article right now , I have no idea. OH of course its political. If you don't want haters to hate then don't introduce political clowns into the discussion. And he tops them all! Representation of the end of middle class and total dissection of the Constitution. Write some code? Ya ok probably a cut copy paste job to make it look good at BEST!. When a political party and this guy as its head, allow insurance companies to make you buy insurance that you can't afford, using the IRS as its thugs to collect with any means necessary. There is something seriously wrong in Washington. To make you pay a penalty for not complying at the same rate as you would have paid if you did buy it is criminal. Yes like 2k or MORE depending on your income. To add that upon the already high cost of living the middle class is dead from here on out. Then to use the IRS as its recovery , adding interest , garnish wages, even take your home. If you can't find a reason for loathing this expletive excrement than you must be void of all emotion and too far gone to even realize what he represents. Sorry thelastdonut, but he wouldn't be caught dead near a burning building, too busy golfing and handing out billions to other nations for such menial things as SAVING kids heh! My apologies to Tom for my course rant, but you brought him in.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
so basicly what you are saying BobRoberts363 is that tomsharware cant post these articles because of closed minded idiots like yourself?

You the very reason why democracy is broken, you and a hell of alot people like you are so emotionally involved in one political party or none (if your one of those out and out anti-establishment guys) that not only are you unable to recognise when a party comes up with a good idea or do something good, you will infact attack those ideas and deads. You honestly think that you can do better dont you? (though everyone thinks that) but if everyone thinks that and yet everyones opinion varies wildly that means that nearly all of them are wrong no matter what party they vote for. The problem is that people like you cant admit they might be wrong and therefore never change their opinions on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.