Obama Meeting With Jobs, Zuckerberg, Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuch92

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
I agree with kcorp2003, Bill Gates or Steve Ballmer should have been invited. Or maybe then declined, who knows. Even if their market shares are slipping they still have majority and play a large part in technology and the future.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
So tell me, why is Mark Zuckerberg invited? I guess facebook apparently has some major role in creating jobs and bringing the economy back? Or maybe it has some huge effect on the technology industry and the education of the young population? Right...

G

Why would Jobs be visiting the president, if a rumor of Jobs dying is correct?

oneblackened

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]touchdowntexas13[/nom]So tell me, why is Mark Zuckerberg invited? I guess facebook apparently has some major role in creating jobs and bringing the economy back? Or maybe it has some huge effect on the technology industry and the education of the young population? Right...[/citation]
because millions of people use it daily.

f4nt4sm4

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Nothing personal they just wanted to do a LAN party, playing you know games that still has the LAN option and discussig why Crysis 2 looks good but sucks really bad...

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
not sure why MS was not there but mac is, when i was in the service macs where non existant at my command, and no one in there right mind would bring them out to sea because the aluminum in there uniframe would warp and kill your optical drive. it would make more sense to talk to the people that the government already has a vested intrest in. I would of gone for intel because of there OpenVL stuff, Qualicomm because of how intergrated there SOC have became (including GPS and cell antena I found that neat... dont know why, or MS because of there size and financial leverage, the fact that it is the opperating system that is installed on nearly all DOD/mil computers, and that there is no rugedise options for mac that i know of (this means no way in hell will the military even consider mac for anything important).

I do understand why facebook and google is there though. these services are becoming more important, and fast becomig the easiest way for military commands to organize home commings for there men, and keep seperated families in contact with there love ones as they fight overseas.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Wow, you people are cynical! That's not healthy for the republic.

Sure, money is the lifeblood of the US political system, so you can never be sure it's totally out of mind, but do you really doubt that employment and the economy are the primary objectives? Why wouldn't or shouldn't Obama be focused on these?

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]loomis86[/nom]all the crooks in one room[/citation]Nice.
[citation][nom]vas flam[/nom]Obama looking for 2012 campaign funds[/citation]I hear Bill Gates WAS invited but he told the President by phone that he wouldn't be donating money to his campaign. He said he was going to spend it trying to save lives dealing with diseases and food production in poor countries. He was promptly disinvited.

Anyway, I hear the Prez is still looking to build an internet kill switch, and while he's at it maybe a Facebook backdoor. Now with Facebook (via smartphone) GPS tracking!

G

"his commitment to new investments in research and development, education and clean energy."

Obama what does 3 tech nerd know about clean energy. I don't want to question the 3 of their knowledge in clean energy, but I bet there people more familiar with "clean" energy.

utengineer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
THE REAL REASON......

Obama was searching GOOGLE, on his iPAD, on how to retrieve his password for his FACEBOOK account. Instead of creating 20 new Federal positions to fix his problem, Obama wanted to save the taxpayers some money, this time, and get support from his future campaign fund contributors. So he flies them to the White House and problem solved. Obama got his password back.

Benihana

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
I don't agree with the first sentence "Barack Obama is the most tech savvy president that the U.S. has had yet", as General Washington was easily the most tech-savvy president of all time.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Benihana[/nom]I don't agree with the first sentence "Barack Obama is the most tech savvy president that the U.S. has had yet", as General Washington was easily the most tech-savvy president of all time.[/citation]

Wooden grills just scream "innovation".

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I concur, if he invited Google, Facebook, and Apple to show his tech savvyness he clearly isn't that tech savvy.

Where is Intel, IBM, Microsoft, and Qualcomm? The difference here is the ones he invited can capture millions, the ones I mentioned capture billions.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]i wonder why Bill gates isn't invited.[/citation]
Because he doesn't run Microsoft, and even if he did, Microsoft has not been involved in any major innovation since, well, when Bill actually ran the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.