Obama Signs Warrantless Wiretapping Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundping

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
It's already been proven Obama is a conservative in democrat skin. Even Cornel West calls Obama 'Rockefeller Republican in Blackface'.

j2j663

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Please just leave your party affiliations or inclinations at the door for this one. This has been thought up and approved by both parties and it disgusts me.

People blaming all our troubles on one party or the other are the problem of this nation and are playing right into the hands of those in power. Those in power want you to believe that it is anyone's fault but there own. Wake up and smell the roses, the people in power have always themselves in mind first and you are dead last.

I know I am over generalizing politicians on business people because there are a select few trying to make a difference, but we the people need to step up and make a difference. Get off your butt and get involved. If you don't like something change it don't complain about it on a forum that has nothing to do with politics.

/rant (sorry)

G

it would expire after four years so Congress could fully debate its use and abuse before reauthorizing
Highly unlikely that congress will debate the next 5 years. They will just renew the program at the 11th hour, cause every politician is too afraid to be blamed for the next terrorist attack.

tykus

Distinguished
May 7, 2008
And sound pig, more them democrat or repub, he's big government. What does big government want/need? Control.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
So what; I bet the 'bad guys' have voice scramblers.
I mean give me a break, if I want to send something of spy material quality I probably have the gadgets to make sure the counterparts at CIA and NSA will not be able to listen in into a clear conversation.

G

I certainly didnt vote for this for 4 more. Not my President. Those that did get what you deserve coming right up handed to you on a plate.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]Highly unlikely that congress will debate the next 5 years. They will just renew the program at the 11th hour, cause every politician is too afraid to be blamed for the next terrorist attack.[/citation]
it's about power and enabling those in power to remain there, nothing more...

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Does not matter every US citizen is already wiretapped every conversation on your phone is being monitored 24/7 for specific key words you set off the recorders and then you get investigated ,i'm glad i live in Canada.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]SteelCity1981[/nom]So when the bush admin did it the dems screamed anti privacy, but when they do it it's ok. Hypocrites...[/citation]
how about not focusing on political nonsense and instead focusing on the actual problem?

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]SteelCity1981[/nom]So when the bush admin did it the dems screamed anti privacy, but when they do it it's ok. Hypocrites...[/citation]
You missed a major point. Bush wanted the ability to wiretap without a warranty....period. Bush didn't want any restrictions on wiretapping at all. Bush wanted to force carriers to record every conversation happening across the country. THAT is why people (including Verizon, Bell South and Comcast) were screaming invasion of privacy.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]techguy911[/nom]i'm glad i live in Canada.[/citation]
http://youtu.be/upCVU_Ojx9A?t=29m30s

not so fast... Canada is just as bad. This video is queued up to give 2 minutes about FISA and then right into how Canadians are affected... also Canada has identical proceedings. Basically Canadians are F'd as well. Welcome to 1984

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
I haven’t been in a TS brief since 10, but back then we had proposals… This was one that the brass was pushing.

Interesting that Bush wouldn’t go for any of this, but Barack has no problem with it.

Can’t list what’s coming, I still have a clearance. But there will be no anonymity on the net if this continues.

I can see a time coming when Anonymous isn’t and they get real world consequences of their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS