Jul 27, 2021
Hi,

I recently built a PC for a client and we've had a lot of problems with it. First, it couldn't handle XMP and we had to run the RAM at stock speeds to get it stable without errors in MemTest86. Now, in the middle of streaming my client's OBS crashed and all of his screens went dark, but he said he could still hear the game audio (but couldn't pause the game). We've tried running System File Checker, doing a clean install of the GPU drivers, reseating the GPU, testing the wall outlet to see if it's faulty, making sure all our connections are secure - but we can't test because it happened randomly during a stream. (He uses OBS with GPU encoding btw).

Here are some event viewer logs and specs. Thank you for your help.

unknown.png

asdfk.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Specs:
CPU - Ryzen 9 5950x
Mobo - Aorus Xtreme X570
RAM - 4x16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600mhz CL18 (Running at 2600mhz Stock Settings)
GPU - Aorus Xtreme RTX 3090
Storage - 3x2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe drives
PSU - Corsair HX Platinum 1200w
PCIe - Elgato 4k60 Pro (from an older computer)

Jul 27, 2021
UPDATE 1:
The issue has been recreated, and it crashed at the exact same moment again.

While streaming Nier: Replicant, near the end of the game, it crashed at the exact same moment during a cutscene in the middle of a battle that it did before. The audio spiked upwards in volume tremendously, and the LCD panel that normally displays the temperature of the computer has switched to another display setting and now just says Hello. We can still hear the game, but we know it's frozen - and Stream Alerts are still going off (which means OBS is still running).

OBS has, on both occasions, delivered the error code:
"Failed to recreate D3D11: Failed to create device (887A0004)"

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021
UPDATE 2:
Disabling GPU encoding in OBS has caused the problem to go away, for now. However, I would still like help figuring out what caused this problem.